Traverse Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, we just bought a 2019 Traverse with LS trim. I have a hardwire camera system (front and rear) that I'm going to install. I haven't done a hardwire camera install before and wanted to see if anyone could help with questions. So I got fuse taps and now I need to find two different fuses in the internal front fuse box to use for this. I need one that does constant power and one with passive power (only runs when car is running) for this system. I read not to hook into vital systems, that's no issue but what two non vital fuses should i use? Looking for suggestions or input from those that have done the same. Thanks.

·
Registered
19 Traverse Premier FWD
56 Posts
Full disclosure: I have not done this for a Traverse.

For my Chrysler 300 I added an aftermarket head unit and added two cameras to it. I tapped into the front cigarette lighter for the "constant" power (in the 2007 300 you can set the fuse in the box to determine constant or switched power for the lighter outlet). I tapped into the head unit "hot" wire for the "passive/switched" power. I used actual wire taps for mine, that had inline fuses.

Now: Let's see if anyone has anything different for a Traverse, since it has so many fuse boxes to chose from...

-RandyMan

·
Registered
21 Posts
I did it on my 19 and 22 Traverse. I used the fuse panel in the passenger foot well. I tapped the rear USB port fuse for ignition power. I didn't need a constant power circuit but there are plenty in that fuse panel.

Ran the wire down the passenger side A piller to the dashboard access panel than under the dashboard into the fuse panel.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts