Traverse Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a few threads about tires but they're pretty much all about 20" tires. Has anyone had success finding a good All Terrain tire for an 18+ LT AWD? I've got 18s (255/65 18) from the factory and can only find a few options. Going up a little bit in size offers more options but I'm not sure what the max size would be without causing issues. TBH I could care less about differences in the speedo just don't want to be beating the inner fenders and bumper to death.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I cannot comment specifically on all terrain tires. However here's what I did:
I have a 2019 AWD Traverse, it came from the factory with 18" rims (I think 7" wide), with stock 255x65 tires.

I "upgraded" to some Colorado Z71 takeoff wheels (7.5" rims with an offset that pushed them about .5 " outward), I then upgraded to some 275/60 R18 Michelins all season tires.
My speedometer error is nil, and I have no clearance or rubbing issues whatsoever.

I guess it is possible that I "might" have had some rubbing if stayed with the larger 275x650s on the stock rims (stock offset)

·
Registered
96 Posts
Here's how it worked our for me

·
Registered
131 Posts
I cannot comment specifically on all terrain tires. However here's what I did:
I have a 2019 AWD Traverse, it came from the factory with 18" rims (I think 7" wide), with stock 255x65 tires.

I "upgraded" to some Colorado Z71 takeoff wheels (7.5" rims with an offset that pushed them about .5 " outward), I then upgraded to some 275/60 R18 Michelins all season tires.
My speedometer error is nil, and I have no clearance or rubbing issues whatsoever.

I guess it is possible that I "might" have had some rubbing if stayed with the larger 275x650s on the stock rims (stock offset)
The OEM wheels are actually 7.5" wide, and the Colorado wheels you put on were 8.5" wide

·
Registered
96 Posts
@snobrdrdan

Thanks for setting me straight on the rim widths. Also; Thanks Again, as you were the one that pointed out the possibility of upgrading to the Colorado/Canyon take-offs. I remain very happy with this upgrade.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Those Colorado wheels look great on the traverse. I took some quick measurements and wasn't comfortable pulling the trigger on going up a size from stock and dropping a size wouldn't really work for what we do in our Traverse. I ordered a set of Falken Wildpeak Trail in factory size today and they'll be installed tomorrow. I'll likely do a post at some point to give my opinion of them. I almost wish I had just upgraded to the 20" wheels when I bought it as there are ALOT more options for All Terrain tires in that size.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Traverse 20's wheels and tires are slim pickin's... Falken Wildpeak's AT, Firestone Destinations, and Bridgestones HT are the only ones that show up in the major tire shop industry.

Good luck. I wanted to buy some but to aggressive or to mild... I hate highway noise...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts