Traverse Forum banner

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have a 2018 Traverse Redline (25k miles on it) and have the same issue. I was thinking it was a transmission issue and that it was slipping or not engaging fully, but after reading about the exhaust resonance, that makes sense. I do notice it is usually when we are fully loaded with the whole family and gear and driving on the highway around 60 to 70 mph and around 8th gear. It is usually lower RPM, but haven't noticed exact RPM, but will pay attention now. It doesn't happen when my wife is driving, but she is usually driving around town or work by herself, so not fully loaded under load conditions. I hope it is just exhaust resonance and not transmission issues, especially with GM's transmission
I have a 2018 Traverse Redline (25k miles on it) and have the same issue. I was thinking it was a transmission issue and that it was slipping or not engaging fully, but after reading about the exhaust resonance, that makes sense. I do notice it is usually when we are fully loaded with the whole family and gear and driving on the highway around 60 to 70 mph and around 8th gear. It is usually lower RPM, but haven't noticed exact RPM, but will pay attention now. It doesn't happen when my wife is driving, but she is usually driving around town or work by herself, so not fully loaded under load conditions. I hope it is just exhaust resonance and not transmission issues, especially with GM's transmission reputation. Replacing transmission right now in my 2014 Silverado with only 77k miles on it.
My 2019 redline did the same thing. I recently tried some of Exxon highest octain fuel after a couple tanks it seems to be gone. I wounder if the valves started to chatter and the anc kicks in and tries to drown out noise. Try it see if it helps and let us know.
reputation. Replacing transmission right now in my 2014 Silverado with only 77k miles on it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My 2019 redline did the same thing. I tried a couple tanks of Exxon highest octain fuel and so far it seems to be gone. I think that it might be the valves rattling sometimes when climming a incline and maybe the anc is kicking in to try and drown out valve noise.Try a couple tanks and let us know. Hope it helps

41 - 42 of 42 Posts