Traverse Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Read Only
0 Posts
hi
i have 2018 chevrolet traverse lt cloth fwd.
Can you or someone please guide and advise me on wheel measurements so that i buy the correct one. also if there are other better options to buy from than pmctire.
thanks
Here is a really good Offset calculator that will help you make the right choices.

https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/

Wheels-size.com's home page also has a tools for wheels and tires for specific vehicles.

Our 2018 Traverses have wheel offsets of +50 (written as ET50).

It is very important for any replacement wheels to have Offset that closely match the our wheel offset of +50.

Offsets of less than +50 will result in wheels and tires extending outwards and may rub on the fenders when you hit a bump; and that is just one small issue. The changes in steering geometry will cause weird handling and extra wear on steering components.

Offsets greater than +50 will move the wheel closer to the suspension and brakes. Again causing potential problems.

To learn more about wheel offset and other steering geometry details check the Tire Rack website here: https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=101

Good luck.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Would rims and tires for a 2017 Colorado that are 6x120x17 with tires 265/65/17 fit ?
The offset is 30mm so I'm not liking that idea.

Finding winter rims and tires for these is not easy.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Would rims and tires for a 2017 Colorado that are 6x120x17 with tires 265/65/17 fit ?
The offset is 30mm so I'm not liking that idea.

Finding winter rims and tires for these is not easy.

The 2018 Traverse is 7.5Jx18 ET50 or 8Jx20 ET50 (Wheel 1)
The 2017 Colorado wheels are 8Jx17 ET33 (Wheel 2)

Using the Offset Calculator from Wheels-size.com is shows the following:

Suspension (Wheel 2): 100% clear (leaves even more room than OE)

Fenders (Wheel 2): Tire will stick out 22 mm farther. Rim will stick out 23 mm farther. Make sure that you have enough room under the fender. If not, consider narrower tires or higher offset

Wheelwells (Wheel 2): 100% clear (leaves even more room than OE)

Brakes (Wheel 2): Rim diameter is less than OE. Make sure that you have enough room for brakes inside the rim.

Scrub Radius (Wheel 2): Positive scrub radius (about 19 mm). Scrub radius will be changed by 19 mm, this may affect the car's handling. Please check manufacturer recommendations. Please be aware that calculated value is approximate.

All this to say that the Colorado wheels may fit, however, they will stick out by 22 mm (0.9 inch) and there will be less clearance between the wheels and the Brake Calipers and rotors.

Also, with the Scrub radius out by 0.75 inch this may cause handling and added wear/stress issues on your steering system.

Some folks in the forum have already used the Colorado wheels and we haven't heard anything negative yet.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
1 Posts
New 2019 LS AWD owner. Came with the stock 18” rims, was thinking of minus sizing to 17” for rims and winter tires. I see it mentioned previously in the tread but has anyone done it yet? I see it could be a brake clearance issue but other than that, I don’t know why I couldn’t if I could find the rims for it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. I have a 2018 LT AWD. I've been looking to size down to 17 inch rims for snow tires but could not find any that will fit. To find the right bolt pattern and off set is hard to locate. Has anyone size down to 17 inch?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Here is a really good Offset calculator that will help you make the right choices.

https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/

Wheels-size.com's home page also has a tools for wheels and tires for specific vehicles.

Our 2018 Traverses have wheel offsets of +50 (written as ET50).

It is very important for any replacement wheels to have Offset that closely match the our wheel offset of +50.

Offsets of less than +50 will result in wheels and tires extending outwards and may rub on the fenders when you hit a bump; and that is just one small issue. The changes in steering geometry will cause weird handling and extra wear on steering components.

Offsets greater than +50 will move the wheel closer to the suspension and brakes. Again causing potential problems.

To learn more about wheel offset and other steering geometry details check the Tire Rack website here: https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tiretech/techpage.jsp?techid=101

Good luck.
Let this post be held as a shining example of how to respond with authority! Light on opinions, but backing those opinions with USEFUL links. I got more out of this one post than the preceding two pages... thanx a bunch!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes that is a great site and very usual links. But I still am unable to find a good fitting 17inch rim to purchase. I'm looking for a black rim, the one on tire rack is 17x7.5 that seems too small to me. I was looking for at least 17x8 and I want to keep the off set as close to +50 as possible.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mike. Your dealer is wrong. If you use the 17" wheels for your winter tire you have to upgrade to 265/70/R17. Forget the 245. With this size it will be the same as 255/65/R18.
Can you expand on this?

For minus-sized I'm getting recommendations of 245/70R17, 245/65R17, and 255/70R17 depending on what site/dealer I look at!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I own a 2017 Traverse LT AWD. I want to get 20 inch red line wheels and tires off of a 2018. The oem tire size is 255 55 20. The new tires on the red line wheels are 265 50 20. Everything I have read suggests that they should fit. The seller says that they won't. I have extra tpms sensors so if that's the issue I'm good. Wondering if the back spacing or center bore should be a concern.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Sorry but wheels from the 2nd Gen (2018 up) Traverse will not fit the 2017 and earlier models. The issue is the hub/lug bolt pattern and spacing

21 - 32 of 32 Posts