Traverse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there.
I have on order a 2018 Traverse Premier which should arrive in approx 8wks or so. I'm starting to prepare for a winter tire package.
Does anyone know the specifications on the wheels? (Bolt pattern? width?, offset? ect...) and the compatible TMPS sensors. Are they the same as the last 2017 and earlier traverse/acadia models?

I know that the 2017 traverse wheels for example were a 6x132 bolt pattern and 7.5 width, M14x1.5 Thread and center bore of 74.5mm.

The premier 20" tires are 255/55/20 but for winter I'll go with the 18" equivalent, will be a 255/65/18....just looking for wheel information.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Same as the 2017 except different brand of tire. The 2017 18 inches has the Goodyear Fortera tires and the 2018 has a different brand of tire.

·
Registered
118 Posts
The offset is the same for 18' and 20' (45mm), but the bolt pattern is different.

The 18' is 6X132
The 20' is 6X120

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Some web research I did also confirms the 2018 Traverse premier & High Country with the 20" wheels is a bolt pattern of 6x120 confirming your bolt size above.
But, I'm confused over the 18" factory wheel size. Are saying that the lower trim models with 18" wheels such as the LT have an entirely different hub and different part#? I find it odd that GM would have a different hub part number with larger stud spacing.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Some web research I did also confirms the 2018 Traverse premier & High Country with the 20" wheels is a bolt pattern of 6x120 confirming your bolt size above.
But, I'm confused over the 18" factory wheel size. Are saying that the lower trim models with 18" wheels such as the LT have an entirely different hub and different part#? I find it odd that GM would have a different hub part number with larger stud spacing.
Could it be because these two models come standard with trailering package, upgraded cooling system and larger wheels? Larger ventilated rotors and brakes to handle a trailer load, thus larger hubs?

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Could it be because these two models come standard with trailering package, upgraded cooling system and larger wheels? Larger ventilated rotors and brakes to handle a trailer load, thus larger hubs?
I'd be VERY surprised if your musing was true. Especially since they derated the towing capacity by 200 lbs.

Also, per the brochure, you can get the trailering package on the 1LT, but you can't get the 20" wheels on the 1LT, only the 18" ones. Furthermore, for the trailering equipment, the brochure states "Heavy-duty cooling system and trailer hitch; no mention of larger wheels or bigger rotors/brakes.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I'd be VERY surprised if your musing was true. Especially since they derated the towing capacity by 200 lbs.

Also, per the brochure, you can get the trailering package on the 1LT, but you can't get the 20" wheels on the 1LT, only the 18" ones. Furthermore, for the trailering equipment, the brochure states "Heavy-duty cooling system and trailer hitch; no mention of larger wheels or bigger rotors/brakes.
Like I indicated, just a guess. Different hub size is still apparently related to the different wheel size and obvious different rotor size mating with the different hub size, in the rear with integral disk/drum and the front's integral rotor setup. Personally I could care less as long as the stock wheels fit the stock hubs.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Are you able to post your research finding links? I have also been researching this and have found limited information stating bolt patters for the 20" wheels. Some of the quotes I've received also state 6 x 132, but I know that those definitely don't fit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am glad I am not the only one who found it difficult to find this information! I have the LT leather with 20" rims and after different answers on rim size from various sources, finally measured myself. I bought snow tires and rims. They are 6x132. I doubt their are different bolt patterns for the other 20" rims but I supposed it is possible.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I am glad I am not the only one who found it difficult to find this information! I have the LT leather with 20" rims and after different answers on rim size from various sources, finally measured myself. I bought snow tires and rims. They are 6x132. I doubt their are different bolt patterns for the other 20" rims but I supposed it is possible.
The stock 20" wheels on the Premier's Highline package bolt circle diameter 4.72 are offered as an upgrade accessory for all '18 Traverse lines, so all should have the same bolt patterns and offsets - specs are listed:

https://accessories.chevrolet.com/p...-split-spoke-wheel-84208837?categoryId=106003

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well I know for sure that the 2018 Traverse Premier has 6 x 120mm bolt pattern/spacing.

I had bought 6 x 132mm as per the quotes I had received, but they didn't fit.

After some research and after trying the rims from a 2016 Chevy Colorado, I was pretty certain that 6 x 120mm would fit. After more research, it seems that the GM Acadia also uses 6 x 120mm.

The other problem I ran into, is that Costco mounted and put in tire sensors, but those proved to be wrong as well. Costco couldn't source the right TPMS sensors and told me I'd have to source them myself. They said that they would do the re-work at no charge to me.

The correct sensors are the following GM Part # 13516165.

I got mine from GMPartsdepot.ca and they were $14/sensor cheaper than at the dealer (stealer).

Got everything re-mounted today and everything works.

Hope this helps someone cuz I've been dealing with this for 3 or 4 weeks now.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Got my winters on. Found these Touren wheels at 1010tires in Canada. $157each $CDN. They were pretty much the "cheapest" allow wheels I could find but better than crappy steel wheel and go well with my Michellin Xice it took from my old winter wheels from the explorer I traded in. These actually look pretty good in my opinion and because the offset is 55 has a little wider stance now.
OEM were the 20", premier which was a 6x120 bolt pattern. These Touren are 18", 6X120 but my winter tires were 255/65/18 so the overall circumference is same.. Needed hub centric spacer rings which only cost a few extra bucks. 18" OEM wheels have different bolt pattern size.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there.
I have on order a 2018 Traverse Premier which should arrive in approx 8wks or so. I'm starting to prepare for a winter tire package.
Does anyone know the specifications on the wheels? (Bolt pattern? width?, offset? ect...) and the compatible TMPS sensors. Are they the same as the last 2017 and earlier traverse/acadia models?

I know that the 2017 traverse wheels for example were a 6x132 bolt pattern and 7.5 width, M14x1.5 Thread and center bore of 74.5mm.

The premier 20" tires are 255/55/20 but for winter I'll go with the 18" equivalent, will be a 255/65/18....just looking for wheel information.
Thanks
Hi - thanks for starting this thread!
I've just ordered the 2-18 Redline and I'd like to run Michellin Xi3s in the winter on 18" wheels.
Now I'm researching the right (black) wheels - did you get this figured out?

·
Registered
272 Posts
^^^
The wheels are 6x120
OEM 18's are 18x7.5
ET50
74.5mm bore

OEM wheels from a 2018+ Traverse, 2018+ Buick Enclave, 2017+ GMC Acadia, 2015+ Chevy Colorado, 2015+ GMC Canyon, or Cadillac XT5 will all bolt right on

The Colorado/Canyon wheels are more aggressive than OEM, but will fit/work still (that's what I'm currently running)
These have been redone in black, for example, but the OEM center caps snap right in (FYI):
https://www.ebay.com/itm/18-CHEVY-C...ash=item41e116e8e4:g:MqEAAOSwMBlZxJDV&vxp=mtr

OR another example:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2015-TO-20...ash=item2859945ee5:g:7fkAAOSw8W5aXlJn&vxp=mtr

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi
i have 2018 chevrolet traverse lt cloth fwd.
i m looking to buy winter tires with wheels. i m checking on pmctire website and getting really confused with wheel offset measurements. some wheels showing up in the list when i search against my vehicle, having offset 35mm, some 40mm, some even 53mm. i contacted pmctire and they said its only 40mm that will fit directly to my vehicle.
can you or someone please guide and advise me on wheel measurements so that i buy the correct one. also if there are other better options to buy from than pmctire.
thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dealer is recommending 17" wheels with 245/70/r17 tires. Does that sound like it will work as well as with 18 inch set-up? Tks.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Mike. Your dealer is wrong. If you use the 17" wheels for your winter tire you have to upgrade to 265/70/R17. Forget the 245. With this size it will be the same as 255/65/R18.

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Also not too sure if they have a rim that fits the 2018 wheel nuts configuration. If yes go with the size I mentioned above. I use this size on my 2017 and they work perfect. Same diameter than the 255/65/R18. The reason you can switch for the 17" size is that they cost less money than the 18" tires.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts