Traverse Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 Chevy traverse 80,000 miles. This issue started probably about 3 to 4 months ago I would be sitting in at a red light and you could hear a tapping noise coming from the driver side of the car. I figured it was maybe something lose on the exhaust but we had just got back from a trip probably no more than 500 ml round trip. We got home and it was just sounded like a knock in the engine but coming from of the transmission area. I was wondering if anyone has had this issue also. Thanks.

·
Registered
240 Posts
If you think it's coming from the engine, have you checked the oil level? Try to isolate the specific region that it's coming from--engine or transmission.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked all the fluid come to find out after 4 hr. At a dealership it’s a crack in the exhaust pipe And the warranty won’t cover it witch is kinda like why in the world did I pay for it then!! Idk know I have to figure out if I will be able to fix it myself lol. Thanks for the reply buddy.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Yeh, exhaust systems--except for catalytic converters--are considered wear type items the same as brakes, tires, hoses, belts, etc. Glad it wasn't a rod or bearing knocking.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts