Traverse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening, got a new Traverse, and had the first real rain this morning since we purchased it, and when my wife leaves the driveway water starts pouring in from above the rear view mirror.

No sun roof, windshield gasket looks normal to me....anyone else have a similar issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
My 2015 LTZ leaked at the same spot when I took it through a car wash. The fuse box behind the glove box shorted out from the water and caused all kinds of strange things to happen. Dealership had to reseal the windshield and replace the fuse box.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My 2015 LTZ leaked at the same spot when I took it through a car wash. The fuse box behind the glove box shorted out from the water and caused all kinds of strange things to happen. Dealership had to reseal the windshield and replace the fuse box.

Thank you....I’m dropping it off Monday morning.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Waiting on the repair to happen. The stealership claims its the xm radio antenna. Part is ordered. It will need to get painted before install.

We shall see....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The saga continues...after they “replaced” the XM antenna it seamed fine for a few weeks. They last Wednesday it rained HARD and wouldn’t you know it, the leak returned.

Dropped it off at another dealer this morning, and they are saying that it is the windshield that’s leaking.

That’s what I told the first dealer I thought it was in the beginning. They are claiming that it’s not a gm windshield. I bought it pre owned, with 4000 miles on it. I haven’t changed the windshield, but I don’t know what happened before I took ownership.

Hope they don’t try and charge me???

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had the dreaded leak on my new 2018 a few weeks ago. I wasn't sure if it was windshield or sunroof since they are so close together. Mine required a new sunroof seal and so far so good.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Haven't been on here in a while, but figured I should mention our 2018 Premier with sunroofs had this same issue; water leaked just in front of the overhead console. Our front sunroof was slightly misaligned, and the dealership solved it right away.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Around Oct. '17 when I was bringing the Silvy for State inspection the service manager asked me if my new Traverse had a water leak which it didn't. He asked because I was one of the few Traverse owners at the time and they had received notification that there was a problem with one of the factory robots applying an incomplete bead of sealant. I think he said toward the front edge of the rear sunroof. And when you stop, water anywhere in the roof will travel over the top of the headliner to the front windshield area.

·
Registered
26 Posts
As soon as you described it, it sounded like a window seal. It sucks, but not unheard of even on other manufacturers and when windshields are replaced. I had a friend who had it happen on his Subaru and the water got behind the dashboard. Fortunately, nothing was ruined but the problem definitely isn't isolated GM.

·
Registered
32 Posts
My 2018 traverse is leaking on both sides. Just started this week. The headliner was wet front to back. No sunroof on mine. The stains on the liner look horrible. I will keep you guys posted on this one.

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2018 traverse is leaking on both sides. Just started this week. The headliner was wet front to back. No sunroof on mine. The stains on the liner look horrible. I will keep you guys posted on this one.
Were you able to find the cause for this leak?

·
Registered
4 Posts
We have a similar issue with our 2011 Traverse. Right where the overhead lights are fills with water when it rains. My husband has tried sealing it but it only seems to slow it down. Bought the car use three years ago, so I'm not sure if it's still the original windshield.

·
Registered
547 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts