Traverse Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
When I wanted to disable the Stop-Start feature I just placed the shifter to L9. The best part, it was free!

Sorry I couldn't help it. ;)

Reactions: AlisoBob

·
Registered
2020 High Country
176 Posts
Auto stop would kick in on my '20 with temp. on auto set to 70 deg. on 95 deg. days. The 'bu has manual controls and same deal, even on full cold AS would activate.
Key word in the manuals is ''may''. Like your ''mileage may vary''.
Turning temp up/down, putting in M or L gets old after a while that's why a seamless eliminator is worth the money to me. At least these gadgets work unlike many of the past I've spent money on and I'm a frugal SOB. (grin)

Reactions: G.Frog

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hmm. There was one draw back to over riding it by putting it in "L". I can't find it anywhere... maybe something about "downhill assist" not working?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Many of my initial concerns and annoyance were overcome when I discovered the technology of the computer firing the next cylinder in the firing sequence--and thus reducing some of the load on starter and battery. My only frustration now is when I stop in the garage, in gear, and it stops the engine--only to restart when I shift to Park. I overcome that issue by just hitting the "Start/Stop" button killing the circuitry and turning off the vehicle; I then set Parking brake,unlock doors, and shift to Park--defeating the restart process. Just my way of handling it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
From a post in 2017... When you use "L" method to disable, "On the highway, the engine rpm and overall behavior is the same in both modes except that automatic downshifting while descending a grade will not occur in L9 mode."

·
Registered
89 Posts
Just did a 600 mile trip in my '20 with the Range auto stop disabler. Zero issues and I have it installed in a unconventional way.
It's still plugged into the OBD port but I'm using a Y splitter that gives me 2 OBD ports as I need to plug the disabler in and a speed sensing adaptor for my Valentine One.
No issues with either one, full functions, normal operation so far.
So I'm intrigued. I've been doing the "L9" thing but don't like the fact that it won't automatically downshift using this method. Any idea how the Range product over rides the start stop?

·
Registered
2020 High Country
176 Posts
So I'm intrigued. I've been doing the "L9" thing but don't like the fact that it won't automatically downshift using this method. Any idea how the Range product over rides the start stop?
My guess is that it sends a speed signal to the PCM that vehicle is still moving. Maybe a 1 mph signal ?
My Valentine One uses the speed signal from the OBD port to mute the alert tones to whatever speed threshold you set in their adaptor that powers the detector and plugs into the port.

Reactions: Njtraverse

·
Registered
89 Posts
My guess is that it sends a speed signal to the PCM that vehicle is still moving. Maybe a 1 mph signal ?
My Valentine One uses the speed signal from the OBD port to mute the alert tones to whatever speed threshold you set in their adaptor that powers the detector and plugs into the port.
Weird. I went to the Range website and its saying they don't have an application for the 2019 Chevy Traverse.

·
Registered
2020 High Country
176 Posts
Weird. I went to the Range website and its saying they don't have an application for the 2019 Chevy Traverse.
I'm using the RA005G in my '20. Same part # as the '18, should work in your '19. Last letter in part # denotes the color of the LED's.
Box says in some vehicles do not leave plugged in if vehicle sits for a few days. Mine gets parked for days very often, no issues with mine.

Reactions: Njtraverse

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'm using the RA005G in my '20. Same part # as the '18, should work in your '19. Last letter in part # denotes the color of the LED's.
Box says in some vehicles do not leave plugged in if vehicle sits for a few days. Mine gets parked for days very often, no issues with mine.
Thx for getting back to me. I spent some additional time on their site and approaching it differently, it says it'll work. Several third party sellers say it doesn't work. As long as Range and you say it's a go, I'm gonna order one. Appreciate your feedback!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Update: picked up the Range start-stop device and it works great. Auto anything running 20% off. Imho worth the money. Put er in drive and forget about it. Thx to repairman for the info.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts