Traverse Forum banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
You just heard!,,,,,,,,,, No changes on this feature on the 2019. It is just like the 2018.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I really don't understand all the concern about stop/start. We have a hard time telling when it stops and starts because it is so smooth. Now my CTS is another animal. It shakes pretty hard when restarting after a stop. The Traverse system is really good.

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I really don't understand all the concern about stop/start. We have a hard time telling when it stops and starts because it is so smooth. Now my CTS is another animal. It shakes pretty hard when restarting after a stop. The Traverse system is really good.

Bothered me a bit on my '16 Malibu but my '18 Traverse and '18 Malibu use a much more refined HD starter motor with a split solenoid for instant engagement, DC-DC inverter system system without need for a second battery or huge capacitor bank, and coming off auto stop computer directs spark and FI to the next cylinder on compression stroke for immediate start. I don't even notice it anymore and rarely bother to turn it off for the drive cycle.

Besides what is such the big deal about disabling it without a dedicated defeat button? Shift to "L" instead of "D" (no idea why they use "L" other GMs use the letter "M" for manual tranny mode) and hit the "+" button on the shifter 8 times to "L9" and exactly the same full automatic operation as in "D" but without the start/stop for the whole drive cycle.

Why is such a big deal being made about pushing the "+" button 8 times instead of a defeat button 1 time. I have a strong thumb and can easily handle the extra second of labor.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Dear Thomcat, Thank you very much for your info about Auto stop even posted 2015. I bought Traverse on May 2020 in Korea and searched how to disable Auto stop function. Many Korean users are installed the selection switch of enable or disable of Auto stop. Cost around $150 at the official Chevy repair shop. My best selection is Hood switch. Just connect cable to hood switch will be most easy way to DIY. 1 of Top car engineer in Korea said that Auto stop function causes to reduce engine life and make troubles when car used long times with auto stop function. I found that shift in to "L" and push button to 9 will stay engine "ON" but have to do every time when engine start and no selection to drive at "D" level. I appreciate your information.

·
Registered
4 Posts
There is a company called ( SmartStopStart ) Auto-Stop disable module. The unit is plug an play. Very easy to installation. It works great in my 2018 HighCountry.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Another option, buy a dashcam.

A few days after installing my new Dashcam , my auto-start/stop became disabled.

It seems that the computer decided that it wasn't going to use Auto Stop/Start anymore due to the extra power required by the dash cam when the engine is off.

A few months later, just to prove to myself that it was indeed cause by the dashcam, I disconnected the dashcam for a week. two days after the dashcam was disconnected, the Auto start/stop re-activated itself.

I have since reconnected the dashcam and as expected the auto start/stop is disabled.

The dashcam cost me about the same as the Auto-Stop disable device but provides me with additional usefulness and security.

BTW, my dashcam is connected to both a battery fuse and an ignition fuse. It is always powered, even when the car is off.

I actually didn't mind the auto- Start/stop feature. The above happened totally by coincidence.

Just thought I would share. (again)

·
Registered
2020 High Country
176 Posts
Has anyone tried RANGER TECHNOLOGY auto stop start eliminator ?
I've got a Range unit on the way. I'm using a Range 4-8 cyl. AFM eliminator in my 5.3 Tahoe. It works like a charm now for 70k miles. I've read some of the hood latch ones will affect remote starting and other possible things on one of the suppliers sites. I want the seamless, invisible operation of the Range unit.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone tried RANGER TECHNOLOGY auto stop start eliminator ?
I just installed the Range Stop/Start eliminator in my 2019 Traverse Premier and it has been working wonderfully for a week. No more Stop/Start interruptions. And, the remote start has been working properly on the 5 trials that I did. I'm very pleased.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just installed the Range Stop/Start eliminator in my 2019 Traverse Premier and it has been working wonderfully for a week. No more Stop/Start interruptions. And, the remote start has been working properly on the 5 trials that I did. I'm very pleased.
Thanks for the feedback. I think I will try the Ranger.

·
Registered
2020 High Country
176 Posts
Just did a 600 mile trip in my '20 with the Range auto stop disabler. Zero issues and I have it installed in a unconventional way.
It's still plugged into the OBD port but I'm using a Y splitter that gives me 2 OBD ports as I need to plug the disabler in and a speed sensing adaptor for my Valentine One.
No issues with either one, full functions, normal operation so far.

Reactions: dawnpwns

·
Registered
8 Posts
That's pretty rad that it works, I may consider that. I don't hate the feature quite that much but I do dislike it.

·
Registered
2020 High Country
176 Posts
A/C on has zero effect on cancelling auto stop in my '20 Traverse or my '15 Malibu.
Range in the 'verse working great, a tune in my 2.5 'bu perked it up and shut off the auto stop. For me worth the money and the Range more than likely will be transferable.

·
Registered
2,877 Posts
A/C on has zero effect on cancelling auto stop in my '20 Traverse or my '15 Malibu.
Range in the 'verse working great, a tune in my 2.5 'bu perked it up and shut off the auto stop. For me worth the money and the Range more than likely will be transferable.
Interesting. Page 185 in your 2020 Owners Manual:

Auto Stops may not occur and/or
auto restarts may occur because:
. The climate control settings
require the engine to be running
to cool or heat the vehicle
interior.

Maybe your AC isn't calling for cooling at the moment??

Just like the engine - Just because it's ON, it may not be "running?"

·
Registered
240 Posts
Interesting. Page 185 in your 2020 Owners Manual:

Auto Stops may not occur and/or
auto restarts may occur because:
. The climate control settings
require the engine to be running
to cool or heat the vehicle
interior.

Maybe your AC isn't calling for cooling at the moment??

Just like the engine - Just because it's ON, it may not be "running?"
I agree. Have found that I have to have AC temp cranked down to low 60s to defeat start/stop. At that temp, the AC is running almost constantly and creates demand that overrides start/stop.

21 - 40 of 51 Posts