Traverse Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have been having this issue of Shift to Park with my 2018 Chevy Traverse, which I bought in April 2018, for about 2 months. It is never a quick error to clear, either. It wastes significant time that I don’t have a lot of. And always at inconvenient times (i.e at 6:00am when I pull up to work in a deserted parking lot-never a good feeling for a female!). Of course it is just outside of the mileage warranty, so the dealership said it’s not covered. Even though it is a well documented problem with GM vehicles, not just the Chevy Traverse. I was given the number for GM customer service (866-522-9559).
I heard from my Senior Advisor’s assistant this morning. She said they are checking to see if there is anything they can do, since the car is out of warranty. They “may be able to reimburse me a portion of the cost to repair, but they can make no promises.” I told her since this such a well documented problem, GM should stand behind the vehicle they sold me with a faulty part THAT THEY KNOW ABOUT. She said that the senior advisor can call me in 3 days, but they can’t promise me anything.
She also said that once GM receives enough calls about this product they MAY issue a recall. PLEASE make sure to call GM and register your complaint about this issue! Don’t let them get away with this. They need to stand behind their product. Otherwise they are enforcing the belief that buying American is not a good thing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone tried to do the "Cleaning Procedure"a few times to see if it helps out? I have an appointment at the dealership, but it is a week out and would like to try a temporary fix..

·
Registered
1 Posts
On our 2018 premier w/ 23k miles we just had our first "Shift to park" message appear this past weekend once. Then last night it occurred 2 more times. After already being familiar with the issue from reading this forum I knew it would only get worse. So called in for a service appt at 5pm, and got in for a 10am slot the next day. They confirmed the issue and performed the latest wire harness addition, and mentioned if the issue continues the next step would be to replace the shifter assembly.

Does anyone know exactly what the harness does? Does the added length take pressure off a plug or does it serve as some electrical/signal conditioning?

It seems to be working now, but will definitely be watching it before the warranty expires.
The dealer replaced the harness on our 2018 Premier Traverse. It lasted one week. Headed back to the dealer. :(

21 - 25 of 25 Posts