Traverse Forum banner
61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
How did you install
I have the same problem on my 2020. I've got a 3D printer and some CAD software so I just made the part rather than look for it online. Here are some pic of the two parts side by side.
View attachment 9434 View attachment 9433

The forum doesn't allow the file extension for the model so I can't post it here. Instead, I've posted a link to it to Thingiverse.
If you don't have a printer, you can order if from a number of places, I personally like Shapeways. I've created a link to the part here.

Hope this helps!
I want to 3d print this part, but the posted link isn’t active. Could you repost the link here or email it to me? Jws3513 at gmail. Thanks.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I created my own out of metal. I used a door latch of all things. I cut it in half to match the screw holes and height of the OEM latch, sprayed it black and used a screw size larger than rivet hole and not to long and works like a charm. Cost 4.85 including the paint and screws. Since it's metal and uses a metal screw into the metal base, no worry about breaking again.

It's like what I did for the front shade as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same problem on my 2020. I've got a 3D printer and some CAD software so I just made the part rather than look for it online. Here are some pic of the two parts side by side.
View attachment 9434 View attachment 9433

The forum doesn't allow the file extension for the model so I can't post it here. Instead, I've posted a link to it to Thingiverse.
If you don't have a printer, you can order if from a number of places, I personally like Shapeways. I've created a link to the part here.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
8 Posts
So, apparently I've been unsubscribed from the forum so I have not been getting any updates related to this topic. Sorry for not checking in sooner! I'm glad to hear it's helping people!

You can find the moonroof latches for the front and rear on eBay and Amazon. Compared to shapeways, It's faster, cheaper, and comes with screws for the Rev 1 and Rev 2. These parts are far superior to the injection molded OEM part. I've got the Rev 1 version on my Traverse and I've never had issues. The Rev2 is the easiest to install since you won't have to remove the original rivets: Traverse/Acadia/Enclave Rear Moonroof Latch - Rev 2 - GM F Retainer 84900118 | eBay

61 - 75 of 75 Posts