Traverse Forum banner
61 - 72 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
You are a genius and a gentleman. Thank you very much for sharing this. My piece has already broken twice (got it fixed first time with warranty). And I'd rather just have a few of these on hand to replace when needed. This is obviously a defective part.
does the new part just snap on?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Update part number 84900118 from GM. FYI it is under warranty . Just call nearest gmc dealership and they will fix it .

·
Registered
1 Posts
@mhuff is there any way you can repost the file or send me a message so I can get it from you? The file is no longer available on Thingiverse.

·
Registered
2 Posts
How did you install
I have the same problem on my 2020. I've got a 3D printer and some CAD software so I just made the part rather than look for it online. Here are some pic of the two parts side by side.
View attachment 9434 View attachment 9433

The forum doesn't allow the file extension for the model so I can't post it here. Instead, I've posted a link to it to Thingiverse.
If you don't have a printer, you can order if from a number of places, I personally like Shapeways. I've created a link to the part here.

Hope this helps!
I want to 3d print this part, but the posted link isn’t active. Could you repost the link here or email it to me? Jws3513 at gmail. Thanks.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I created my own out of metal. I used a door latch of all things. I cut it in half to match the screw holes and height of the OEM latch, sprayed it black and used a screw size larger than rivet hole and not to long and works like a charm. Cost 4.85 including the paint and screws. Since it's metal and uses a metal screw into the metal base, no worry about breaking again.

It's like what I did for the front shade as well.

61 - 72 of 72 Posts