Traverse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got in the vehicle this morning and noticed the rear sunroof shade was open and the locking piece that it was mounted to was on the floor. I have been looking and looking all over and cant find this piece online anywhere or even what its actually called. I've attached a photo below, but this piece is what is actually supposed to keep the sunroof shade closed. I'm trying to avoid having to go to a dealership and have this foxed, but would rather order the part. If anyone out there can help, I'd appreciate it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine has done the exact same thing on my 2018. The latch was still hanging by a piece of adhesive and the room is open. This is one more small thing that has gone wrong in the grand scheme of MAJOR problems with under 23K miles!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got in the vehicle this morning and noticed the rear sunroof shade was open and the locking piece that it was mounted to was on the floor. I have been looking and looking all over and cant find this piece online anywhere or even what its actually called. I've attached a photo below, but this piece is what is actually supposed to keep the sunroof shade closed. I'm trying to avoid having to go to a dealership and have this foxed, but would rather order the part. If anyone out there can help, I'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got in the vehicle this morning and noticed the rear sunroof shade was open and the locking piece that it was mounted to was on the floor. I have been looking and looking all over and cant find this piece online anywhere or even what its actually called. I've attached ao photo below, but this piece is what is actually suppose
I am missing the part you are talking about. Did you find the piece online.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem on my 2020. I've got a 3D printer and some CAD software so I just made the part rather than look for it online. Here are some pic of the two parts side by side.

The forum doesn't allow the file extension for the model so I can't post it here. Instead, I've posted a link to it to Thingiverse.
If you don't have a printer, you can order if from a number of places, I personally like Shapeways. I've created a link to the part here.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
7 Posts
You are a genius and a gentleman. Thank you very much for sharing this. My piece has already broken twice (got it fixed first time with warranty). And I'd rather just have a few of these on hand to replace when needed. This is obviously a defective part.

I have the same problem on my 2020. I've got a 3D printer and some CAD software so I just made the part rather than look for it online. Here are some pic of the two parts side by side.
View attachment 9434 View attachment 9433

The forum doesn't allow the file extension for the model so I can't post it here. Instead, I've posted a link to it to Thingiverse.
If you don't have a printer, you can order if from a number of places, I personally like Shapeways. I've created a link to the part here.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
7 Posts
And I just noticed you posted this only yesterday! What amazing luck!

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hope this helps!
It looks the same but can anyone confirm if this fits the 2019 rear sun shade? I just had the same thing happen in my traverse.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ok follow up question. How do I get out the two screws that hold this piece in? Are these even screws or are they some kind of rivet?

·
Registered
2 Posts

Hope this helps!
Fantastic, thank you! I printed it and works great. How did you go about installing? Just high-tack double sided tape or did you replace the rivets as well?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Does anyone know how to remove these rivets? If we're just going to resort to using adhesives, we might as well just use the old broken piece. It'll fit better around the rivet anyway.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I thought about that, but I took a picture as well as I could of the back and I can't tell if this is some important piece of plastic that would get destroyed with drilling, or if it's just the expanded part of the rivet?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Looks like the other end of the rivet to me. You should able to tell by touch. I would add a washer to reinforce the back end, (front too if the replacement is not made with strong plastic).

Another thought, why not secure a small metal strip instead of similar plastic piece. The tension of the shade will pull it apart sooner or later after it has been baked under the hot sun or frozen in extreme cold winter for a period of time :unsure:. As you can see there is a crack on the face of the latch....

·
Registered
7 Posts
My picture is of the foam backing behind the piece in question. I ordered my 3s printed piece and am waiting for delivery and trying to plan my next step.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts