Traverse Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recall for ECM reprogramming #N192266190

Our Traverse was already at the dealer for other repairs when they told me about it.

2016-2018 ATS, CT6, CTS; 2017-2018 LaCrosse, XT5; and 2018 Enclave, Regal, and Traverse models equipped with the 3.0L V6 engine (RPO LGW) or 3.6L V6 engine (RPO LGX, LFY).

The recall dealt with, among other things, "...drivability issues, such as hesitation or loss of power, after an auto stop/start event...".

I KNEW I HATED that start/stop crap!

Can't seem to find it anywhere except here:
https://gm-techlink.com/?p=11534

·
Registered
10 Posts
Did an oil change last week and they did the same re-program chesapeakchevy. I never noticed the rough idle or hesitation after the start/stop event. I think I would have noticed the rough idle or driving issues after 30,000 kilometres on the odometer.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did an oil change last week and they did the same re-program chesapeakchevy. I never noticed the rough idle or hesitation after the start/stop event. I think I would have noticed the rough idle or driving issues after 30,000 kilometres on the odometer.
Aside from the painfully slow "Infotainment" system, the only thing I hate about the 2018 Traverse is the auto start/stop feature.

I had it in other GM vehicles too and it worked in the same dangerous manner, with hesitations and stuttering of acceleration; leaving me helpless trying to make a left in busy intersections. To bypass the start/stop feature I simply put the vehicle in L9 instead of D.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Your topic title and post is misleading, this is not a recall from GM, just a TSB for an update. I even checked with Chevy, via phone and website, plus the NHSTA website, there are no recalls issued for the 2018 Traverse.

Recalls and TSBs are two completely different things.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Your topic title and post is misleading, this is not a recall from GM, just a TSB for an update. I even checked with Chevy, via phone and website, plus the NHSTA website, there are no recalls issued for the 2018 Traverse.

Same here, I'm still running on the original software version of my '18, one of the first manufactured in 7/17. Everything works fine and start stop operation is almost transparent, engine so smooth and quiet and other than an occasional bump, most of the time not even aware it is operating.

No way I'm asking the dealer to update anything.

·
Registered
6 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
The only 'glitch' if you want to call it that, is if you open /close the hood with the engine already running. Then it toggles back into stop/start mode until you open/close the hood again.
Try just restarting the engine, works for me whenever the S/S becomes active with it installed.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had this done 2 weeks ago and couldn't be happier.
My auto-stop/start was terrible, I hated it !!
Now I can't notice it at all. So nice when they actually do a recall (yes it is a recall as stated on the invoice) and it works.

Attachments

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
2018 Traverse has 1st Recall
Recall for ECM reprogramming #N192266190

Our Traverse was already at the dealer for other repairs when they told me about it.

2016-2018 ATS, CT6, CTS; 2017-2018 LaCrosse, XT5; and 2018 Enclave, Regal, and Traverse models equipped with the 3.0L V6 engine (RPO LGW) or 3.6L V6 engine (RPO LGX, LFY).

The recall dealt with, among other things, "...drivability issues, such as hesitation or loss of power, after an auto stop/start event...".

I KNEW I HATED that start/stop crap!

Can't seem to find it anywhere except here:
https://gm-techlink.com/?p=11534

Same here, I'm still running on the original software version of my '18, one of the first manufactured in 7/17. Everything works fine and start stop operation is almost transparent, engine so smooth and quiet and other than an occasional bump, most of the time not even aware it is operating.

No way I'm asking the dealer to update anything.
Attached dealer printout with recall in the middle...

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts