Traverse Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello folks,

I know this topic has been beaten the death on here, BUT....

My wife and I just purchased a 2018 Traverse Premium AWD with all the makings of a vehicle set up to be an emergency towing machine for our boat incase my F150 were to be unavailable. It's got the hitch installed, 7 prong plug (with wiring), tow/haul mode on the selector wheel, and on the window sticker it states "COOLING SYSTEM, HEAVY DUTY".

But, when I scan the QR stamp on the driver side B pillar, I'm not finding V92 in the coding.

Am I missing something? Why would all of these towing options be installed on a vehicle that can only handle 1500lbs without the tranny cooler. Should I be looking somewhere else for this information?

If anyone has had this experience, please let me know!

Thanks!

·
Registered
2020 High Country
630 Posts
My '20 High Country just has trailering equipment listed in the exterior section on the window sticker, no mention of any cooling in the mechanical section just automatic locking differential twin clutch and compact spare.
V92 shows up in the QR scan.
Was this brand new or used ? Verify the window stickers vin with what's on the vehicle.

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
It's pretty easy to add the V-92 stuff aftermarket. It's all plug-and-play. So you may have one that's had that done.

However, rather than pulling the regular radiator and installing the HD radiator, many people just add a aux oil cooler in front of the radiator. There's also an aux oil cooler that can be installed under the radiator, where the power steering cooler was located on the Gen 1's. If the "dealer" you bought it from saw the aux oil cooler, they probably added the "heavy duty cooling" thing to their window sticker. Note that "heavy duty cooling" is NOT the same as "factory tow package." So they wouldn't be "lying."

Also, some people adding towing stuff don't bother replacing the driver mode control knob with one that has the Towing Position on it.

So I'd say if you have an aux oil cooler, then you have a non-V92 that's had some towing stuff added. Also, if there's no Tow position on your driver mode control knob, you have a non-V92.

If you PM me your email address, I can send you a lot of Gen 1 and Gen 2 tow package info that can probably help you figure it out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts