Traverse Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to post this here in case anyone wanted to get some ideas on their own ride. I couldn't find anything anywhere about someone doing something similar to their '18 or '19 Traverse before I started this project and it definitely would have helped me. If you're interested- a more thorough message board post with plenty more pictures and info can be found here: https://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/build-logs-project-install-gallery/416681-2018-traverse;-alpine-audiofrog-si.html

So I installed a pair of Stereo Integrity 6.5" and Audiofrog 2.5" in the doors. I created a custom mount out of 1/2" and 3/4" MDF for the speakers, and the 2.5" speaker has a small enclosure of ~0.2L. A substantial amount of CLD tiles was stuck to inner door panel, outer door metal, and inner door metal. The holes in the doors were covered in sheet metal, a layer of closed cell foam and them mass loaded vinyl went in there too right behind the interior door panel. All connectors on the inner door panel were wrapped in vinyl tape to prevent any type of rattling from the high output drivers.

I fabricated mounts out of ABS for the 1" Audiofrog tweeters, which went in the stock locations at top of dash.

Mount for circuit breaker made out of 1/4" ABS.

I used a PAC AP4-GM61 to get a clean audio signal from the factory head unit. I created a mount for it out of 1/8" ABS and secured it underneath the passenger footwell. This unit also has a non-fading level control knob that I installed in the center console.

The amp rack and enclosure for a JL Audio 10TW3 I built to fit into the removable cargo bin area. I routed all the speaker and remote connections through a MOLEX connector for easy connect/ disconnect in case I need to get to the spare tire. The DSP is the Alpine PXE-0850S and the amp is Alpine PDX-V9. The control for the DSP just sits in my center armrest storage area.

Thanks for checking it out!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That came out awesome........very clean install.
Thanks a lot!

I'm sorry everyone for the multiple posts... The website finally posted my original thread here 3 months after I submitted it. I sent a message to the site admin asking them to delete this one.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Did you have something in your rear cargo passenger side panel?. I wanted to mount my amps there but I found a large plastic box, I have no idea what it is

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the LT. The box or whatever it is called is in the cargo area, on the right side, behind the panel. I checked the left side and found the fuse block, but the space is too small for two amps. I have an Audio Control LC 1.800 and an LC 6.1200. I’m all ready to do the install and ran into this small roadblock. I don’t want to do what you did because I use that storage compartment frequently. There is also no space under the captain’s chairs or the third row seats

·
Registered
2 Posts
Where is the location of original amp ? Dose your battery under the hood? mine is 2013 LT AWD and located under the floor ...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did you have something in your rear cargo passenger side panel?. I wanted to mount my amps there but I found a large plastic box, I have no idea what it is
Yeah its the AC motor behind the passenger side cargo area. This vehicle- as much room as it affords it's passengers- has ZERO room for amps/ sub box. I even contemplated re-locating that fuse box on the drivers side cargo area but that would have taken too long. No room under the seats either.

One other area that may have worked was a sub box in between the 2nd row captains chairs. I've seen some Tahoes with boxes in this location. That still leaves the question of where to put the amp.

I wasn't crazy about the cargo area above spare tire either but it is working out pretty well so far.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The amp rack and enclosure for a JL Audio 10TW3 I built to fit into the removable cargo bin area. I routed all the speaker and remote connections through a MOLEX connector for easy connect/ disconnect in case I need to get to the spare tire. The DSP is the Alpine PXE-0850S and the amp is Alpine PDX-V9. The control for the DSP just sits in my center armrest storage area.

Thanks for checking it out!
I wish the 2015 storage area was that deep. I would have to build a whole false floor to do that.

·
Registered
96 Posts
@greenwood1443

I read thru your upgrade threads both here, and on DIYmobile site - GREAT workmanship and documentation.
I have a 2019 Traverse (non-Bose), and am considering a simpler upgrade, what I am thinking:

Upgrading speakers for the 2 front doors (with higher quality 2 way non-component) and upgraded tweeters in the dash.
To get the most out of the above I was thinking of adding an amp between these upgrades and the factory head-unit.

A question:
How hard is to get at the wiring between the factory head unit and the front speakers?
Perhaps as simple as pulling the head unit?

Thanks in Advance!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts