Traverse Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I had a vibration and noise problem on my 2019 High Country . It would happen every once in a while . The sound and vibration was really annoying me . I was ready to take it back to the dealer to get checked out . I finally narrowed it down to me getting a full tank of gas . Every time I put in a full tank of gas the vibration and noise would return . When my gas tank got down to half the vibration and noise would stop . After I put over 2000 miles on the Traverse all vibration and noise went away completely . Now all I hear is the sweet sound of the exhaust when my lead foot kicks in .

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same problem at 2200 RPM with my 2018 Traverse regardless of the speed. Does anyone know if it is possible to contact GM directly? I would assume that it is a known problem given so many of us experience it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have the same problem at 2200 RPM with my 2018 Traverse regardless of the speed. Does anyone know if it is possible to contact GM directly? I would assume that it is a known problem given so many of us experience it.
I have had it happen to me on a 2019 red line. It only happens when I have a large passenger 250+ pounds in passenger seat. I recently tried a couple tanks of exxon highest octane gas and so far it has seem to go away. I do not know if it fixed it or not. maybe with lower octane the valves started to rattle and the anc kicked in and tried to over come the valve noise? Any way I hope this helps everyone because that noise is horrible loud. Try it and let us know if it helps :cool:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I have been away for a while. It is also a condition with a larger heavier person in the passenger seat.
I had it in once for this and they thought they knew what it was and flashed the tranny. It shifts better in other areas after that but still has the exact same very loud annoying noise. At times when I am in just the right (wrong) situation it is so loud and vibrates so much I start thinking it is going to do damage. Hard to believe the vibration I feel at that time could be just do to some speaker applying noise cancellation (but then sound is just vibrations). The other part that seems out of whack is they way it seems like it needs to shift but won't. I've been mitigating it lately by putting the transmission in manual mode when I have that large passenger and keeping the car out of the 2000-2200 rpm range. Sad...
-Rick

·
Registered
1 Posts
Has anyone ever gotten a straight answer on what is causing this? My local Chevy dealer seems at a loss. I have taken the mechanic for a ride and was able to recreate the noise, he took his collegues for a ride and was able to recreate it but no one seems to know what is causing it!!! So frustrating. And yes...only when a large adult is riding in the passenger seat is when it happens.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Happened with my 19 Premier this week. I had a larger person in the passenger seat and all was fine. Until he grabbed a blanket and a pillow, then we heard it. I had read about this so wasn't too concerned, but if I wasn't aware of this thread I would have sworn I was going to blow up the Traverse

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have had this 1850 to 2150 RPM rumble and vibration in my 2018 redline from 9 miles to current 24752 miles. Dealer is deaf, Mike Anderson cant hear it or any of his guys, nothing in the chevy data base on it no complaints they say. NOW this is the same dealer that told me, "can't I live with a AC discharge temperature difference," of 20 degree, driver side is 58 deg, pass 38 deg He said I will have to take out the entire dash? I paid $6000.00 for extended warranty on everything on this new 2018 traverse,...NO I cant live with it.

-= So I took it to Mike Anderson Chevy 61st avenue Merrillville, IN at 9:00 am July 13th 2020. They gave me a loaner, called me week before last to swap out that LOANER (Malibu for a equinox) and have told me NOTHING ABOUT MY 2018 REDLINE SINCE i DROPPED IT OFF July 13TH,..TODAY IS.....august 16TH ?? Co-workers have asked did you call them? Mike Anderson does know how to provide good customer service.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Has anyone gone to dealer and found a solution to this? I def notice when I am in the passenger seat( I’m 6’6 300lbs) it “vibrates” at 2000rpms. Usually when the car is loaded with my dogs and luggage is when we’ve noticed it. Is it an ANC thing or mechanical?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Is there a fix for this? I’m going to be calling the dealership tomorrow and want to know what has happened with others? This isn’t just something we have to deal with right?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I hope so! It’s definitely annoying to be cruising at 70-75mph and have the car shift into the gear that hits the 2000-2300 rpm sewer spot that makes this terrible noise!

·
Registered
14 Posts
So it happens most often with a load in the car. At 70-75 mph it hangs in a gear at 2200rpms and makes an awful resonance. It sounds very deep and it goes away once the car shifts to under 2000 rpms. It happens more when I am in the passenger seat at 6’6 300 lbs. there has to be something that can be done to fix this.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a 2019 red line with exact same problem. Please post if you find out what causes it. I have had mine for two years with no resolution yet.

·
Registered
2018 Redline Traverse
6 Posts
This describes it perfectly. I never have it happen when its just me in the car but if I have a large passenger it happens frequently, but usually only when going above 60. My exhaust pipe is centered and I would think that would cause it to happen whether there was a passenger or not.
So it happens most often with a load in the car. At 70-75 mph it hangs in a gear at 2200rpms and makes an awful resonance. It sounds very deep and it goes away once the car shifts to under 2000 rpms. It happens more when I am in the passenger seat at 6’6 300 lbs. there has to be something that can be done to fix this.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'm curious what the issue/s are causing this and the fix. Knock on wood, I have not experienced any of the noise. We've been on trips with 4 adults and dogs, luggage, and coolers. But if for some reason it happens to me, I would like to know the fix.

The 2 adults in the back seat, one is 250lbs and the other close to 320lbs while I'm 220lbs and the wife 120lbs. We drove around Lake Austin with them going through the hills, they showed us Austin eateries where DDD eat and aired shows at and no noise on my 2019 Premier, and in San Antonio. We also drove in Colorado Springs and SW Colorado and went west of Denver on I-70W through the Rookies passing famous Sky Resorts and no hint of noises as we drove north. Same for the Smoky Mountains and surrounding areas.

While in the Smoky Mountains at the Resort, we were on the 6th level up of the resort and some of those roads to get up the mountain (hills) here were pretty straight up as we drove around the levels upward and I did hear metallic noises as though the engine was starving for oil as we drove on the incline... I did research, and the pick up oil tube is in the front of the oil pan and at those inclines, I can see starvation and the metallic from oil starvation. Good thing there was no damage but still scary...

But no weight noises... Knock on wood...

21 - 39 of 39 Posts