Traverse Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2018 Traverse is blowing coolish air in the front and hot air in the rear. Does anyone know where the rear temp actuator is located? I’m thinking that’s the problem since its still blowing just not cold air. I’ve seen a lot of posts for earlier models but not the newer model. Thank you!

·
Registered
2020 High Country
703 Posts
First check is to see if refrigerant in system is at a full charge. That will give poor front cooling and bad cooling in the rear.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Were you able to resolve the issue? Was it the actuator? Having same issue with my 2019. Dealer can't get me in for a week.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My 2018 Traverse is blowing coolish air in the front and hot air in the rear. Does anyone know where the rear temp actuator is located? I’m thinking that’s the problem since its still blowing just not cold air. I’ve seen a lot of posts for earlier models but not the newer model. Thank you!
I have a 2018 and am having the same issue. I get cool out of the Drivers side and rear and pretty cold ac out of passenger side. I do get hissing noises too. Have you had a hiss noise? Also the hiss happens after and acceleration with gas pedal depression. Have you figured anything out or had and of these symptoms? I hope someone can give some input. Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Any info from dealer in follow up? Thanks
See my issue... "I have a 2018 and am having the same issue. I get cool out of the Drivers side and rear and pretty cold ac out of passenger side. I do get hissing noises too. Have you had a hiss noise? Also the hiss happens after and acceleration with gas pedal depression. Have you figured anything out or had and of these symptoms? I hope someone can give some input". Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
The OP hasn't been back since he posted.

Here's a link on AC hissing:

I appreciate it. I'm still lost of which is the cause of my hiss? It definitely creates a noticeable hiss upon acceleration.
As far as temperature I get cold ac from the passenger vents, sometimes cold from drivers and no real ac in the rear. I feel like I may have more than one issue. I wonder if the blend door is a separate issue? I do here a buzz/click noise for a while from there under passenger dash upon startup. Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
The OP hasn't been back since he posted.

Here's a link on AC hissing:

My gut feeling is that there is a leak hissing at the evaporator and there is also an issue with the blend door or actuator? Does that see right with the hissing upon acceleration?

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
I have a similar issue, but no hissing. Drivers side is cooler than passenger side, but neither one is very cool. Rear doesn't seem to be doing anything. If it's 80F or below outside, it can actually cool the car, but much above 80F and it can't keep up. I've eyeballed all the actuators and they are moving when modes and temperature settings are changed. It was suggested that I have a leak, but I attempted a re-charge with no change. Being in the upper Midwest, I'll probably not worry about it at this point in the season; I'll have it looked at next Spring.

If you figure it out (or have someone figure it out), please let us know.

·
Registered
2020 High Country
703 Posts
Signs of a low refrigerant charge are poor cooling.
Pressures need to be checked with a real set of gauges and leak needs to found in the sealed system.
Note that newer models do not use 134a refrigerant anymore like my Gen 2 '20 so there is no parts store pick up a can and ''juice'' it up.

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
By "newer models," are you saying that ALL of the Gen 2's use a different refrigerant, or it started in 2020??

·
Registered
2020 High Country
703 Posts
My '20 uses R1234 . I think they started using using it in '18. 134 is phased out this year.
I stand corrected some parts stores are selling small cans of it already.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts