Traverse Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I bought a certified pre owned 2018 Premier last year. I now have about 51,000 miles on it and it seems to stutter during lower gear upshifts (1-2), (2-3), and maybe (3-4) during light acceleration. There are times, when the shutter is not felt, but it is mostly there. I havent gone to the dealer yet but I want to get everyone’s thoughts on what it could be before going.
I’ve read other threads on here about it but it doesn’t seem like there has ever been a resolution.
Thoughts?

·
Registered
2020 High Country
703 Posts
Vehicles in my fleet at 51k miles are close to their second trans. fluid change at 60k miles.
Have you done a fluid service yet ? When you pull the stick it's probably pretty dark if not black.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven’t yet. Were you having this issue and then changing the fluid fixed it? And what fluid would you recommend?

·
Registered
2020 High Country
703 Posts
I haven’t yet. Were you having this issue and then changing the fluid fixed it? And what fluid would you recommend?
My Traverse only has 7k miles on it. Pull you dipstick and check the fluids color.
When I did the fluid in my '16 Equinox at 45k miles per the manuals severe duty maint. schedule I was shocked at how black the factory fluid was coming out of it, it now gets changed at 30k intervals and at it's last change at 75k fluid still had a nice fresh fluid red color. My GM fleet gets Amalie full synthetic Dexron VI and it is way better in my 'nox than the regular factory GM Dexron VI .
Others have had shudder issues and have tried a Mobile LV fluid but I would do a Dexron VI change first and see how it behaves. Fluid change is simple enough.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone! I bought a certified pre owned 2018 Premier last year. I now have about 51,000 miles on it and it seems to stutter during lower gear upshifts (1-2), (2-3), and maybe (3-4) during light acceleration. There are times, when the shutter is not felt, but it is mostly there. I havent gone to the dealer yet but I want to get everyone’s thoughts on what it could be before going.
I’ve read other threads on here about it but it doesn’t seem like there has ever been a resolution.
Thoughts?
I have a 2018 premier with 21000 miles. I was having the same problem, took it back to the dealership and they did a programming change for the transmission problem. It has been fine since then.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Also a 2018 bought new. At 20,000 miles it started the same thing. Dealer reprogrammed and changed the fluid to a different type. Problem solved.
At least that problem. My 2018 has been in for warranty service so many times that GM extended the factory warranty to 5 years - 75,000 miles. I will dump it before it runs out of warranty.
Don't like the monthly trips to the dealership. And many times, even though I tell and show them what is going on, it comes back, NO PROBLEM FOUND.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thoughts?
My transmission required a fluid change and a computer software update (which apparently was a known issue that i wasn't informed about) that left me driving to a dealer with zero gears last summer. I think it had maybe 34k miles at the time. I would go get the software update, I feel like it has driven better than ever since doing so and I've had no problems since (at least not related to the transmission, I was in last week for a short in the auto-emergency brake!). I have never had this many serious issues with a car under 50k miles...hoping something similar in size and electric comes on the market soon. I am itching for a switch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts