Traverse Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen several threads pertaining to this issue but no real resolution found.
Here's what I'm dealing with. I purchased this Traverse this summer. It was wrecked and I rebuilt it. We absolutely love the vehicle but there is one thing puzzling me. It has the dual USB/3.5mm input module on the front center stack. It is completely dead...nothing no comm with the infotainment center, nothing.. I popped it out and found a six pin connector (which only has two wires on it, red and black) and a USB plug in with nothing plugged in. (See pic below.) There is power to the red wire.
I purchased a replacement thinking maybe the module was bad, it didn't change a thing. I took it to the Chevy dealer and they have no idea either except maybe there is a wire that is buried back in there somewhere that isn't plugged in. Preliminary inspection finds nothing.
I find it odd that on a Premiere trim this doesn't do anything. (I find it odd period!) All of the other USB's in the vehicle work just fine. Why a six pin connector and only two are being used?
The vehicle does have on board Nav if that changes anything. Can't see why it would though. So many questions and no answers!
Finger Electronic component Cable Electronic engineering Electronic device

Thoughts???

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for confirming there was supposed to be a cable/plug there. I tore the center stack apart today and found the cable laying loose amongst all of the others. Someone had obviously been in there before as there were mounting screws missing in several locations.
Anyway, plugged the cable in and all is right with the world and, most importantly, my spousal unit! :cool:Thanks all for you input!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts