Traverse Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2018 with 16,000 miles not upshifting and downshifting with + and - rocker.
was working correctly and has quit working

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
There a number of threads here regarding the shifter not fulling shifting into Park (I should say "not knowing that it's been fully shifted into park"). Apparently new shifters are on back-order everywhere.

Your post is the first I've seen regarding the manual shifting button, but since most people don't use it, I guess that's to be expected.

I'm guessing you've got a bad shifter.

https://www.traverseforum.com/33-engine-drivetrain/18825-2018-traverse-shift-park.html

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for responding. It's at the dealer now and I think they're stumped. It's the 1st for them as well

·
Registered
621 Posts
Doesn't the 2nd gen's selector follow the 1st gen? Meaning it doesn't force that gear to be selected it just forces the transmission to use that as the maximum gear... so the transmission operates in it's normal shift pattern it just never shifts above the gear you selected.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I use it to slow down on hills and traffic lights.
Not all the time and with plenty of regard to not shifting into too low of gear for speed travelled.
It will not upshift any higher with button or downshift any lower.
It did work flawlessly for months and the loaner Traverse that I have is working as designed as well.
Thank you for adding to discussion.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Reviving this thread to see if anyone else has had any issues with this. I cannot stand the auto stop/start feature so I always use the manual gear selector to bypass it. At first it very rarely would not switch to the highest available gear, but now it's basically not working 75% of the time. Sounds like in one case it was a bad shifter, another a broken wire. I'm just curious if anyone else experiencing a problem has had it fixed and what the root cause was.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts