Traverse Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Traverse Premier Redline
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason the ventilated seats do not cool anymore. They will turn on and I can hear that they are making noise but the seats are not being cooled. Anyone else experiencing this problem?

·
Registered
137 Posts
You could try the tissue test: take a light tissue and separate, if it's a dual ply type. Turn your ventilated seats on and hold the tissues over the seat bottom and back, see if it moves.

That way you can see if there is any air movement from the seats, since you can hear them on. You can also check the passenger seat as well, to see if it's the same issue.

Also, since the seats have perforations in them, they could be clogged or filled with dirt, debris or just dust. This could also block the air from being able to blow out. You'll be surprised how much lint/dust gets packed in there, from always being sat and slid on.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Yours shouldn't be having this problem as it's pretty newer, but it could be the bladder/bag that the air flows thru is torn. On my 12', I'm having to replace all 4 (top and bottom - both front seats) heating elements as they have the bag that the air flows thru into the seat bottom and back. Here's an image for reference:

Reach under the seat and you'll feel the blower and the filter element on the motor and to the left you'll feel the blower output and that's what connects to the white rectangle plastic connector on the image above to the right. See if it's disconnected or in my case you'll feel the white mesh (inside the bag) as my rubber membrane was completely torn and dissolved. Total PIA as I have to remove the seats and remove the cushions on both seats (top and bottom) as there are upper and lower heating/cooling elements and they aren't cheap as for mine they run around $150 a piece.

·
Registered
2018 Traverse Premier Redline
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You could try the tissue test: take a light tissue and separate, if it's a dual ply type. Turn your ventilated seats on and hold the tissues over the seat bottom and back, see if it moves.

That way you can see if there is any air movement from the seats, since you can hear them on. You can also check the passenger seat as well, to see if it's the same issue.

Also, since the seats have perforations in them, they could be clogged or filled with dirt, debris or just dust. This could also block the air from being able to blow out. You'll be surprised how much lint/dust gets packed in there, from always being sat and slid on.

I did do that and there’s no movement at all when I place something down. I will have to look under the seat where the air comes
Yours shouldn't be having this problem as it's pretty newer, but it could be the bladder/bag that the air flows thru is torn. On my 12', I'm having to replace all 4 (top and bottom - both front seats) heating elements as they have the bag that the air flows thru into the seat bottom and back. Here's an image for reference:

View attachment 10365

Reach under the seat and you'll feel the blower and the filter element on the motor and to the left you'll feel the blower output and that's what connects to the white rectangle plastic connector on the image above to the right. See if it's disconnected or in my case you'll feel the white mesh (inside the bag) as my rubber membrane was completely torn and dissolved. Total PIA as I have to remove the seats and remove the cushions on both seats (top and bottom) as there are upper and lower heating/cooling elements and they aren't cheap as for mine they run around $150 a piece.
I’ll have to take a look and see. My guess is it probably is clogged or something of that sort. I have two dogs that go almost everywhere with me. We just took a road trip from WI to FL and the seat worked fine on the way down and stopped blowing cool air halfway back home. Thank you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts