Traverse Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So wife went to get her dad and had to open the rear tailgate to put his walker in and had no issue, unloaded it no issue. When ready to leave the rear tail gate would not open. Can hear the motor trying to work but the latch is not getting released

Tried both key Remotes - No difference
Reset both Remotes - No difference

Tried to use the manual release on the inside but only release part way. It does not fully disengage the locking mechanism. After tripping the cam gear through the hole the tailgate is only partially locked. Can push it back down to fully lock it again. Then wash, rinse, repeat. Acts like it was not shut all the way and will not release all the way

When you try and use the key remotes you can hear the actuator trying to moved but will not release. - So fuses are good
Confirmed that the internal is not set to OFF

Would like to figure out how to open the tailgate so I can remove the rear inner panel to further troubleshoot. Using a screw driver does not want to fully release the locking mechanism

Thoughts?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Fixed it...and boy was this painful. I never drive the Traverse. So I just went out, started the car and then ran it through the gears. Put it back in park and now the tail gate opens and closes without issue. So some where along the line the ECU was still sending a signal that the car was in Drive. Grrrrrr

·
Registered
2 Posts
So wife went to get her dad and had to open the rear tailgate to put his walker in and had no issue, unloaded it no issue. When ready to leave the rear tail gate would not open. Can hear the motor trying to work but the latch is not getting released

Tried both key Remotes - No difference
Reset both Remotes - No difference

Tried to use the manual release on the inside but only release part way. It does not fully disengage the locking mechanism. After tripping the cam gear through the hole the tailgate is only partially locked. Can push it back down to fully lock it again. Then wash, rinse, repeat. Acts like it was not shut all the way and will not release all the way

When you try and use the key remotes you can hear the actuator trying to moved but will not release. - So fuses are good
Confirmed that the internal is not set to OFF

Would like to figure out how to open the tailgate so I can remove the rear inner panel to further troubleshoot. Using a screw driver does not want to fully release the locking mechanism

Thoughts?
Having the exact same issue you are having. I tried your solution, and nothing.. Hoping I can find a solution soon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts