Traverse Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2017 Traverse LS has a random no start issue. Put the key in the ignition and turn it, absolutely nothing. It's almost as if you have to apply excessive force when turning the key to get it to start. I can't see a worn ignition lock cylinder already being the culprit.

Also, it will occasionally die right after starting and then this will be an issue. It has shut down backing out of sparking space, then will start and be fine. This is completely random behavior with no pattern. It'll go months in-between without an issue

Any ideas?.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Same issue with my 2012, starts,runs, drive a block or so sometimes while driving on highway it just shuts off. Restart and its fine. No engine lights or codes. I hooked up an obd2 scanner an hour after it shut down and nothing was picked up.
Im at whits ends.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 High Country
429 Posts
I would change out the relays for the ECM and ignition. I don't have a schematic for yours but relays do wear out/get weak and can be intermittent. Relay issues will not set a code, system thinks it was just turned off. Relays are cheap enough.
I'm not sure on the Traverse but in Malibu's fuse box issues have been reported with intermittent problems so that may be another area to look at. In the Malibu's discoloration on the underside of the box connections are a telltale.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts