Traverse Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I changed out the old actuator. Took it for a drive two different times. Once when it was 100 degrees. Back temperature went from 66-72. But mainly staying 68-72. Front was 56. The other drive when it was 57 degrees outside. Back read 64 when taking off but as I drove longer it read 67. But when it stopped it down to 61 but maintained 64. My questions are is it the compressor or Freon? And what is the normal temperature range for the rear AC? Thanks

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Might help to say which actuator you changed. And why.
There is one video on a different post (it is also YouTube. There is a lady on it) and also a different one on YouTube. They said to replace the rear actuator if it is not blowing cold. The lady had a part number of which one to get.
My rear never got warm but never real cold. My that is the way it should be. I’m just wondering if something else is wrong. Should I have the Freon checked? Or what else?

·
Registered
2020 High Country
1,098 Posts
Auto a/c will only drop its inlet air temp 40F in a normal functioning system.
The rear unit is small as it's a supplemental unit.
Only correct way to measure ''freon'' charge is to drain and refill with prescribed amount of ''freon'' by its weight specification, not in fluid oz. Pressure chart can help diagnose but drain and refill is the most precise.
Most rear units use an expansion valve to bleed off some of refrigerant flow to cool the evaporator vs the front unit that uses a fixed orifice to meter refrigerant and that fixed system has a higher more consistent flow.
Ambient air temps for proper a/c diagnosis should be 65F or higher.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts