Traverse Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I apologize if I don’t get the wording right. My rear passenger lights on the car, not the tailgate stopped working. I changed the bulbs and still nothing. When you press the brake it all lights up. They are all the right size bulbs. The blinker works. Flashers works. Just nothing works once you remove your foot from the pedal. I been trying to figure it out on my own because unfortunately I can’t afford to take it to a shop right now. Please help.

·
Registered
2020 High Country
827 Posts
The lights are called the taillights. The dimmer ones that come on with the headlights. Brighter ones are the brake / turn lights which seem to be working.
In the owner's manual look up the fuse block, it's location and the taillight fuse location in the fuse block. Fuse could be open or ''blown''. That's about all the average person can do without technical ability.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Does each side have its own fuse? Because the drives side works, just the passenger side is out

·
Registered
26 Posts
Are you sure you installed the correct bulb? Brake lightbulbs usually have dual filaments, allowing them to be illuminated when on and the second filament lights up when you step on the brake pedal making them brighter.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I took the drivers side bulbs out and put them in the passenger and still the same results. And I put the brand new ones in the drivers side and they work perfectly find. That’s why I am so confused

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
You don't say if the front passenger side parking light is working. I'm going to guess that it's not and therefore the problem is the fuse. (The left side and the right side have separate fuses.)

As mentioned above, the fuses are in the fuse and relay box under the hood. Remove the cover and turn it over and you will see each fuse and relay listed. Look for the one called RT PARK. Pull that fuse and check it with a meter or a test light (NOT with your eyeball). OR just install a new fuse.

If the front passenger side parking light is working, then it's not the fuse - it's most likely a bad connection in the tail light assembly.

It might also help if you mentioned the model year of your Traverse.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts