Traverse Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon all!

Our '17 Traverse is having an issue where after backing out a parking space, and shifting into drive, the car won't move. We'll put it back into reverse, and it still won't move. The brake pedal feels tight like it's engaged. The engine does not rev while this is happening (either in drive or reverse). Turning the car off then back on solves the problem, but I am concerned there may be a time when this wont resolve the issue.

This has happened three times (once about a month ago and twice today). Each time we were in a flat parking lot. We took it to the service department after the first time, but they were unable to identify an issue. Has anyone had this issue and successfully resolved it for good?

Thank you!

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
.02 guess

If engine is running at idle and doesn't rev.....could be a bad connector or a sporadic signal from a fluky accelerator pedal module and ECU and sometimes not reading the sensor to increase gasoline flow and boost tranny pump pressure......resulting in a no drive condition. Likely wouldn't set a code either.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a similar problem with my 2012 (have a 2017 now) and it was due to a faulty plate inside the battery. Problem started getting worse and worse, and I had a few other issues that couldn’t be explained. Installed a new battery and it fixed all the issues. There was no check engine light on, or DTC’s stored in any of the modules either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts