Traverse Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 2017 LS and it was sold to me from the dealership with me believing it’s AWD. The only thing that is starting to concern me is that I noticed AWD badge on other traverses. What is the best way to figure this out? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Just purchased a 2017 LS and it was sold to me from the dealership with me believing it’s AWD. ...
I have the LS base trim. The LS base trim model is NOT awd.

Just me, but I specifically didn't want the AWD. It wasn't needed in Florida where I live and just another item that would have needed attention.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Jocon. The 2017 LS was selling also in AWD. My friend has one and his was equipped also with the steel rims mounted on 17" tires. Dont know about the LS made mostly for commercial firm and rental. To tell you the truth I have never seen one like that being sold to the regular public.According to your garage picture of your Traverse the deep tinted windows is not the Traverse sold to firms.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I have the LS base trim. The LS base trim model is NOT awd.

Just me, but I specifically didn't want the AWD. It wasn't needed in Florida where I live and just another item that would have needed attention.

Logic may work and may be able to get away cheap in Southern CA, but I hear you sometimes get a drop or two in FL and that's when you really need AWD. Try driving I95 in a thunderstorm with the roads awash, truck spray and wipers barely clearing the windshield and you'll praise the day you went for the bucks for a vehicle with AWD.

Whenever there is a cloudburst or even slight drizzle bringing oil to the road surface the selector goes from 2WD to AWD.........same for the truck 2WD to Auto (same as AWD)..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mine is always in awd, never turn it off. I did a test run from Toronto to Kissimmee in 2wd the entire way. Return trip in AWD the entire way. Fuel consumption difference was 0.1 mpg

My Sierra is always in auto 4wd too

1 - 9 of 9 Posts