Traverse Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My radio just froze and it took about 15 minutes to start working again. Even after shutting car off, open door, and start again. Worked fine for 2 weeks. Now it starting switching stations randomly, like it was stuck in search mode. It did it while playing XM, FM, and USB music. It would change stations every few seconds. After stopping for gas, when staring up again it worked fine. I am just out of warranty but have a 3 year extended warranty. The dealer said if I bring it in and they don't find a problem, I will have to pay for the diagnostic time ( $120 per hour ). They said it has to be having an issue when I bring it in. So what good is this extended warranty then? Anyone else have this problem? Thank-you

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Never had an issue with my 2017 except a few times when I started it the xm station was not a the station that was programmed before shutting off the engine.

·
Registered
2020 High Country
176 Posts
Sometimes they need to catch it in the act if no codes are not set.
Experience here on erratic electronic stuff.
As we techs say , ''you can't do an autopsy on a live person''.

Reactions: c&wsinbad

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sometimes they need to catch it in the act if no codes are not set.
Experience here on erratic electronic stuff.
As we techs say , ''you can't do an autopsy on a live person''.
Thanks for the replies. Looks like there is nothing to do but hope it keeps working. Not happy with that but it is what it is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts