Traverse Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my power lift gate stopped working this morning. So far I have checked the fuse under the hood, I then checked the the relay underneath the glovebox and swapped it with a good one. I noticed the relay doesn’t even click when attempting to open the lift gate.

I have tried operating it with the key fob, the switch inside, and the button on the lift gate itself. The only thing that happens is the lights flash, there is no chime or anything. There is no noise or anything whatsoever coming from the lift gate motor.
the only other thing I noticed is when I hit the sensing button to open it I can hear the latch assembly itself making some noise and I think unlocking, I’m not sure if that’s normal or not. I can open and close the lift gate perfectly fine manually. I read about a similar issue on an Acadia forum and it ended up being the latch assembly that he replaced. Can anyone help me out?

Thanks,
Brett

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
Did you happen to turn it off by accident? Check the switch on the dash. Pushing the top opens it, but pushing the bottom shuts it off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did you happen to turn it off by accident? Check the switch on the dash. Pushing the top opens it, but pushing the bottom shuts it off.
I stated in my post that I have also tried operating the lift gate from the switch inside. So yes, the switch is not off.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Mine will open fine, it won’t close with the motor though. The lights flash when I hit the key fob. Dealer told me it was the tailgate position sensor. I replaced one, now he says it is the other one. I will try to let you know after I replace the second one if that fixes the issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts