Traverse Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Going to clear throttle body and MAF sensor while replacing my air cleaner filter. Does anyone know the torque specs for the 4 throttle body attachment bolts? Any other tips? Thanks.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Throttle Body Bolt 10 N·m 89 lb in.
Did you have any oil pooling in there and how clean was the butterfly?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Very light amount of oil in black plastic duct between throttle body and air cleaner. Cleaned up with a rag and little amount of throttle body cleaner on rag. There was some oil/black "soot" on throttle body. Removed TB and MAF and cleaned while replacing air filter. Reason for doing this was a rough idle on a cold start with CES light flashing and service stabilitak warning. Happened twice over a month. Checked code at Autozone and was a P0300. I will start another post if happens again. 2016 Traverse with 63000 miles. Thanks

·
Registered
11,276 Posts
Go to the store and buy 1 or 2 bottles of Techron Concentrate PLUS.
Pour 1 bottle into the tank, fill tank, and drive as normal. Use up most of the tank- however long that takes you.
If you want, repeat with the 2nd bottle.

Its possible you are beginning to see misfires due to carbon buildup in the cylinder and or sealing surface of the valves.
Where temperatures cool and your engine was still warming up when this occured?

I usually see very light misfires (that I can feel, and see the tach dip)- when I have about 3500-4000 miles since my last oil change (I run a bottle of Techron right before my oil changes @ 5000).
The engine is still considered cold-- as I'm within half a mile from leaving my driveway, and the mornings are cold.....
Thats when feel the little misfire as I reach the 1st stop light and im @ idle. Not so much in summer.
But I do scan, and I find that a few cylinders are showing misfires. Its small amount-- about 1-10. Nothing severe to set the CEL,
Upon running Techron, misfires go away.

Take note- there is Techron Concentratre PLUS and Techron Fuel System Cleaner. Buy the PLUS, its concentration of cleaners is stronger.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Go to the store and buy 1 or 2 bottles of Techron Concentrate PLUS.
Pour 1 bottle into the tank, fill tank, and drive as normal. Use up most of the tank- however long that takes you.
If you want, repeat with the 2nd bottle.

Its possible you are beginning to see misfires due to carbon buildup in the cylinder and or sealing surface of the valves.
Where temperatures cool and your engine was still warming up when this occured?

I usually see very light misfires (that I can feel, and see the tach dip)- when I have about 3500-4000 miles since my last oil change (I run a bottle of Techron right before my oil changes @ 5000).
The engine is still considered cold-- as I'm within half a mile from leaving my driveway, and the mornings are cold.....
Thats when feel the little misfire as I reach the 1st stop light and im @ idle. Not so much in summer.
But I do scan, and I find that a few cylinders are showing misfires. Its small amount-- about 1-10. Nothing severe to set the CEL,
Upon running Techron, misfires go away.

Take note- there is Techron Concentratre PLUS and Techron Fuel System Cleaner. Buy the PLUS, its concentration of cleaners is stronger.
Thanks. Both times it occurred it was the first start of the day, so cold engine. It was also cold outside guessing 40s. The vehicle response was very apparent. The first time it happened I waited a few seconds and then tried to drive away and had an engine stall. Waited a few minutes and started up and seemed much better (CEL stayed on). Checked codes at Autozone and CEL went out (did not try to clear codes with their scan tool so not sure what happened). Same situation the 2nd time it happened except I just let the car idle in park until it cleaned up as idle went down. CEL flashed while idle was rough and then did not stay on once car cleaned up. I will check into the Techron Concentrate PLUS.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts