Traverse Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I have a 2015 traverse ...I have been having issues with my low beam headlights first it started with my right headlight being off at night and we would have to tap it so it will turn on. It was like this for a while until the left headlight went out so we decided to replace it. Every thing has been going good until we started having issues with the right one again now this time around the right one won't work at all at night. Now this is the weird part the light doesnt work at night but works throughout the day as soon as it gets dark it goes off. So we covered the ambit light sensor on my dash board during the day and the lights turned off ....at night when the right headlight doesnt turn on we put our phone light and boom the light is on but the lights on the dash board go off also all the lights in the back which is the tail lights dont work. Has anyone experienced this before ..we have already replace the light bulb as well

·
Registered
11,108 Posts
on my 2010.
during the day- DRLs are on.
Daytime running lights. Its the low beam lamp running at a reduced voltage. Parking and tailights are off. dash gets brighter by default- so you can read in brightness.
When it becomes night- the output is now full voltage. so bright headlights. Parking and tailights are on. dash lights come on-- but at reduced brightness- unless you turn the switch full bright.

On the 2015-
Do they still use the low beam for DRLs?

But it sounds like when you put light up to the sensor--- it does whats its supposed to do. DRL on, tailights off. Try turning the light switch to full brightness for the dash, curious about what that will do.

But- to rule something out--
Each headlight has its own relay.
I would find the left and right.
1st I would take the right- pull the relay and check the contacts.. and reseat. see if lights return.... NO, then
swap the relays left to right, right to left and see if the problem follows the relay.

·
Registered
2,548 Posts
Each side does NOT have it's own relay; I think you're thinking of the fuses. There is a Hi Beam Relay and a Low Beam relay. Here are the wiring diagrams (2011).

I'm guessing it's an issue is at the headlight. The left one sounds like it's operating as it should.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts