Traverse Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Just yanking your chain. Meant no offence. Oldest who is pushing 300, doc. told him to get to 210 as quick as he can, he's a diabetic.

BTW, how's the Pilot? Looking to trade for one. Oldest son got a 19, gets 26/27 mpg. on average.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Just yanking your chain. Meant no offence. Oldest who is pushing 300, doc. told him to get to 210 as quick as he can, he's a diabetic.

BTW, how's the Pilot? Looking to trade for one. Oldest son got a 19, gets 26/27 mpg. on average.
I don't take it personally, I did it to myself and it's one of the biggest struggles in my personal life that I deal with. No hiding from it.

Our '15 has been a great vehicle. Honestly get what you like, I don't really think any of the 3 rows stands out as a truly reliable vehicle. Too much tech, too many drivetrains stressed to the max trying to get maximum MPG, etc. Our '15 is the last body style, the boxy one where the new one is more similar to the 1st gen Traverse with a more minivan-like shape. I don't find Hondas seats that comfortable for my size but my wife loves it. If it were my money I'd be looking really hard at the Telluride/Palisade but talking about Korean cars gets some people really fired up. Not my fault they forced everyone else to take notice...

·
Registered
241 Posts
Bout 6/8 months ago developed Celiac disease. Want to loose weight in a hurry??/? I dropped over 45#s almost overnight....mainly diarrhea.

Before the Traverse, back in 18, seriously looking at the KIA Sorento, still am, but really like the Pilot.

Wished I'd test drove the Traverse a lot more before I bought it. It's an15 LS, really have a hard time backing, blind spots big time, camera?, gotta a Brownie Box,circa 1920, thats better.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Bout 6/8 months ago developed Celiac disease. Want to loose weight in a hurry??/? I dropped over 45#s almost overnight....mainly diarrhea.

Before the Traverse, back in 18, seriously looking at the KIA Sorento, still am, but really like the Pilot.

Wished I'd test drove the Traverse a lot more before I bought it. It's an15 LS, really have a hard time backing, blind spots big time, camera?, gotta a Brownie Box,circa 1920, thats better.
Haha don't want to lose it that way for sure!

We had the Pilot first but I can tell you we take the Traverse most places, including long trips. It's more comfortable, is a foot longer so it has more storage and we both think it's easier to drive on the highway, requiring less correction. The Pilot certainly has its advantages and my wife loves it as her DD but the Traverse is the family hauler for us.

I haven't had a lot of issues backing up the Traverse, same with my wife. I suppose it's all SUVs of this size/shape that have these issues so we are used to it by now. I grew up driving a 1st gen Pilot, 2nd gen Pathfinder and quite a bit of time in a V10 Excursion, so parking pretty much anything isn't a big deal for me.

·
Registered
2020 High Country
176 Posts
We went with a '20 as both of us next year will be retired and the current fleet is getting up in miles so a back up for the long term was needed. Traded a '17 Continental in on it, yeah big step down in comfort and luxury but it was FWD and basically a summer car that couldn't check all the boxes I need.
Proven drivetrain in the 'verse so it was a no brainer for me. My 3.6 AWD 'nox is up to 71k now and only maintenance, basically same drivetrain other than having a 6 speed trans. . Tahoe is up to 111k now so the 'verse will step into it's role when it wears or rusts out. Same power and tow capacity in the 'verse. . We thought about another Tahoe but the 'verse fit the bill at 20k less. The bonus was more interior capacity than the Tahoe, it's Suburban sized inside.
As the family mechanic I don't do the offshore brands, they are no better than domestic, they all have lemons and great stories both. I've had the ''pleasure'' of working on a broad mix.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Have bitched,moaned,& complained about the Traverse, but still have it. And, at my age, probably the last car I'll own.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts