Traverse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all!
im looking to buy a 2015 or 2016 Lambda vehicle. The 2015 Traverse is marked on jd power, usnews and several other sites as a very good vehicle and in particular a very reliable vehicle.
1. Have they more or less resolved the transmission issues on this mode year? Any other issues to note?
2. Traverse rates well even above its sister vehicles. Is that just a price thing or is there other issues because of the tweaked body style(Acadia) that should be known?

I’m singling out the Acadia as it seems to be a bit of a lost puppy in the used car market and often I’m finding very good deals on it.

thank you!

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
Consumer Reports shows poor reliability. The major issue for this is "Climate Control." The big issue is the rear AC. Lots of thread here about it. The rear fan uses copper brushes that shed particles as it wears in. The particles get on the evaporator and cause pinhole leaks. This causes both front and rear AC to become inoperative. So if you do suffer this problem, don't let them replace the fan when they replace the evaporator; as it has shed most of the copper that it's going to. A new fan will start the cycle all over again. AC compressors also mentioned.

Brakes are another issue for CR. Mostly rotors warping.

All that being said, I didn't have any AC problems in the 5 yrs on my 2011 and haven't had any in the almost 5 yrs on my 2017. (knock on wood); but we don't use the rear AC much. The 2011 had a rear brake caliper issue, but that's been the extent of my brake issues.

·
Registered
772 Posts
I bought a 15 Enclave CPO a couple of years ago with 42K miles on it to replace my 08 Saturn Outlook with 212k on it. After the dealer fixed a trim issue, I haven't needed to bring it back to the dealer for any warranty work, I now have 60K on it. The only problem I have had so far with the brakes is sometimes the rust flakes build up in the top of the pad, between the caliper bracket and when I back up, it squeals. I have to get the scale out to eliminate the squealing. No A/C issues so far. Excellent vehicle.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
My 2017 has been excellent so far with no issues except a new battery replaced under warranty because of a bad batch of Delco batteries. A bit hard on gas in city driving but on highways is very good for a car of this size. . We have never used the rear AC because the rear seat has never been occupied. Transmission is butter smooth and the shifting is flawless. One of the best in all my cars so far.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I'm just about to turn 90k on my '15 LTZ. I had to replace the purge valve which was covered. I developed a pin hole leak in my rear evaporator line. I need to add about a 30 second squirt of freon every spring to bring everything up to full working conditions. I'm about to do a front brake job. Still have pad material remaining but I've developed a slight warp in the rotors. Really only noticeable during high speed braking. This will be the first brake job for the car. I live in a small town in the mid-west so brakes are used a lot less as compared to city driving. Love the car. Great long distance traveling machine.

·
Registered
92 Posts
My 2015 purchased new has 79,000 miles on it now.
  • Fixed the USB playing from the top every time I start my car
  • Deodorized air conditioning under warranty
  • Repaired rear differential leak (pinion seal & gasket) under warranty
  • Replaced battery
  • Replaced purge valve under warranty
  • New set of tires (original OEM tires full of cracks but they were not part of the recall)

·
Registered
4 Posts
2015 70K here. Still on the original brakes on all four corners. On the second set of tires.

Other than that, have gone through two power steering lines, a transmission cooler line, and front struts that were all leaking. My wife got the extended warranty from the dealer and I check everything over pretty thoroughly and look for problems when I do my oil changes. :)

·
Registered
625 Posts
I bought our '14 2 years ago with 80k, at 110k now. The carfax showed almost nothing so the PO must have done their own work because the vehicle was impeccable. In my time I have only had to replace the purge valve, cheap and quick to do. The driver's seat is a little creaky but I'm also pushing 350. The AC had a whistle at full blast but the filter wasn't installed properly in the housing. The transmission has no idea what it's doing at anything other than constant throttle, but that's typical of most GM products I've driven. Otherwise, it's been good and I hope it continues to be good. We really like it.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Ok I'll bite. How did you fix the USB from starting at the top?
My 2015 purchased new has 79,000 miles on it now.
  • Fixed the USB playing from the top every time I start my car
  • Deodorized air conditioning under warranty
  • Repaired rear differential leak (pinion seal & gasket) under warranty
  • Replaced battery
  • Replaced purge valve under warranty
  • New set of tires (original OEM tires full of cracks but they were not part of the recall)

·
Registered
495 Posts
We are at roughly 70K on our '17 now, were racking up the miles more quickly prior to covid. Two minor issues - had to replace the purge valve (easy job) and the power steering pressure hose (less easy) which had started to leak at a crimped connection. 2nd set of tires, original brakes, 50k driveline fluid changes.

Our '10 had a number of the common issues from those years, water pump (warranty/TSB), power steering rack x2, pump x1 (TSB, reimbursed for pump only) and A/C went out around 100k (just kept recharging).

The major mechanical issues with the timing chains and trans I'd say were reasonably resolved by '12.

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
Ok I'll bite. How did you fix the USB from starting at the top?
See this thread (pics seem to be gone, unfortunately).

·
Registered
92 Posts
See this thread (pics seem to be gone, unfortunately).

Attached PDF file has full pictures. Mine was done by the dealer.

Attachments

·
Registered
495 Posts
LMAO, I've seen a lot of spam in my time but one pitching counterfeit money is a first.

·
Registered
625 Posts
This sounds counter-intuitive...

·
Registered
2,873 Posts
If it sounds too good to be true.......

"This method is 100% reliable." LOL

Hey, anybody want to buy a bridge?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hello all!
im looking to buy a 2015 or 2016 Lambda vehicle. The 2015 Traverse is marked on jd power, usnews and several other sites as a very good vehicle and in particular a very reliable vehicle.
1. Have they more or less resolved the transmission issues on this mode year? Any other issues to note?
2. Traverse rates well even above its sister vehicles. Is that just a price thing or is there other issues because of the tweaked body style(Acadia) that should be known?

I’m singling out the Acadia as it seems to be a bit of a lost puppy in the used car market and often I’m finding very good deals on it.

thank you!
If it sounds too good to be true.......

"This method is 100% reliable." LOL

Hey, anybody want to buy a bridge?
After spending 130,000 with a 2012, I can’t recommend one. Go to CarComplaints.com. You’ll be able view complaints about all makes and models. Here in SoCal, the value of GM cars with the 3.6 engine does not hold up well even the new ones. A lot of discounted pricing out there. Don’t pay any asking price. The dealers and private parties are loaded with them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
2015 Traverse with around 113,000 miles. Transmission started shuddering around 30-40 mph. Bad torque converter so had to pay for transmission rebuild (around $3,000). Since rebuild, everything is running good again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello all!

thank you!
2016 Acadia Denali owner with 62K miles (original owner) and I just had the evaporator coil go out. Other issues I've had:

-Did have to replace the side detection sensors last year which GM extended coverage on (creates a whole slew of electrical problems including rendering the car unstartable).
-OEM rotors were warped by 30K miles
-Small PS leak
-Transmission sometimes decides to hold a gear too long before shifting
-Radio once in a while will make a loud static pop
-Engine is under-powered for the size of this vehicle

It is a nice highway cruiser and is fairly quiet. It also has a decent amount of cargo space if you do not use the third row.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hey Cinto, U pushing 350? Wouldn't be easier to pull it?

Anyway, you must be 7' 8"

Oldest son "pushing" 300, but he's only 6' 3".

·
Registered
625 Posts
Hey Cinto, U pushing 350? Wouldn't be easier to pull it?

Anyway, you must be 7' 8"

Oldest son "pushing" 300, but he's only 6' 3".
Nope I'm 6'4"... never developed good eating habits growing up but played so many sports it never stuck... enter major knee injury that sidelined me and here I am. Work in progress, not the easiest thing to do while having 3 kids but I'm working on it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts