Traverse Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
2015 LTZ
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Appreciate some assistance. The drivers seat heater has quit. The push button lights up when pressed but immediately goes out. It doesn't work with remote start either. Pax seat works ok. What can I check? Does it have a separate fuse? I had recently used a basic scan tool to clear a unrelated P0442 code. First time I used the tool on this vehicle. A few days later I notice the seat heater problem. Did I damage something using the tool? Help please.

· Registered
359 Posts
Since it turns on and then back off, it's likely a Heating Element has shorted. Very common in these cars as they get older and it's quite a job to replace. I have a 12' and it's similar, but the parts may be a bit different. If you have the cooled option as well (you should has you have an LTZ) then you'll need to make sure you order the element with the cooled connections as well and might as well do both the lower and upper if you tackle this yourself as I did. Here is a writeup I did on doing mine as it's pretty straight forward and not too difficult if you're a bit mechanically inclined and willing to do it yourself. The parts aren't cheap, but I decided to tackle both front seats as the straw that broke the camels back for me was the cooled seat connections/bags had rotted/deteriorated and I love this option here in Houston more than the heated portion.

Reactions: ipb

· Registered
2015 LTZ
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Under the seat.

Attached to the seat itself? What color, size and shape of plug do I look for? There's a grey one under the front next to the yellow one. Is that it? Tried but couldn't get it apart.

Like to do a continuity check across the pins for the element but I need to know what plug and what pins on this 2015 LTZ.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts