Traverse Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Many thanks for this. This is what I have on mine. Will read the whole recall tonight. Not sure if this recall apply to Canada but these on mine were made in the U.S.A

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried convincing the dealer to either replace or credit for a set of new tires but he refused. Stating the recall was not issued by Chevy, go figure. You may be able to get them replaced for frre at a Goodyear location.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Made a little mistake in my tread. They are made in Canada and the recall was only for the last period of 2014 and 2015. Strange that no recall was issued by GM since all the 18" Traverse were equipped with the fortera's tires right through 2017 inclusive.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
I tried convincing the dealer to either replace or credit for a set of new tires but he refused. Stating the recall was not issued by Chevy, go figure. You may be able to get them replaced for frre at a Goodyear location.
The notice specifically says to go to a Goodyear dealer, and they would replace them if necessary.

The notice says the tires were made between week 48 of 2014 (4814) and week 1 of 2015 (0115). Look for the manufacture week on your tires, just to the right of your DOT number. It will be in a small oval, like the one in the pic of my Silverado tire below. (Mine says 0516, so 5th week of 2016).

Given this notice over 4 years old, it's very likely your tires have been replaced by now. And if not, they probably need replacing anyway.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts