Traverse Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I've had this car 15 months, LOVED IT but all the sudden it felt like I ran over a dog one night, nothing worked I had to hit the emergency brake to get it to STOP turns out TRANSMISSON NEEDS REPLACING ARE YOU KIDDING ME? ALREADY? This is my first purchase as I am coming up on 50 yrs old to buy a "newer model" car THEN THIS? Well I get the transmission put in and as I'm going down the interstate last night all the sudden SERVICE STABILITRAK car is running like crap, spitting sputtering feeling like tires are taking turns locking up etc so I pulled over, turned the car off, made sure there were no bodies stuck underneath it and said a prayer - started it back up and haven't drove it over 50 since then. WTF IS HAPPENING TO MY CAR?!?!?! Does this have something to do with the new transmission I just had put in? Is this a normal Traverse thing? (to only last less than 10 years?)

Registered
Had to reply for two reasons, one, am original owner of 2012 LTZ and love this car - LOVE it and knock on wood and say prayers every night after visiting this site ... for me, that seems to be working (crossed fingers as I typed that and was difficult that way for sure!). Surry to hear of your issues and sounds like trans may be the culprit. Who put it in? Take back to them and check - or, bite bullet and take to Chevy and have them "plug in and check it electronically" maybe.

Second reason, you sure don't look 50 in that photo, and whatever has your attention, you sure are looking at it intently!! Great photo!!馃槉

Reactions: shanninello

Registered
If it is a new tranny I would return to the transmission shop where they did the work and let them have a test drive to see if the transmission is the culprit?

Registered
I'm not sure it is the trans, But definitely get codes checked to find culprit. I've swerved on the interstate and caused stabilitrak to come on and it ran like garbage. It turned out to to be a tripped yaw sensor. A simple reset and all was good. It isn't always an expensive or complex issue.

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
Had to reply for two reasons, one, am original owner of 2012 LTZ and love this car - LOVE it and knock on wood and say prayers every night after visiting this site ... for me, that seems to be working (crossed fingers as I typed that and was difficult that way for sure!). Surry to hear of your issues and sounds like trans may be the culprit. Who put it in? Take back to them and check - or, bite bullet and take to Chevy and have them "plug in and check it electronically" maybe.

Second reason, you sure don't look 50 in that photo, and whatever has your attention, you sure are looking at it intently!! Great photo!!馃槉
Thank you I NEEDED THAT! and I was actually at work selling this reclaimed wood! LOL

Unfortunately I bought this car from a "friend" that owns a used car lot - he is offering to pay for INSTALLATION of the trans and I am the second owner and found out first owner(s) used it as a FLEET car - so I'm sure nobody cared too much about it since it wasn't THEIRS. I DOOOO love this LTZ its amazing and I believe it will hold its value compared to what I paid -my next question would be HOW DO YOU GET SKUNK SCENT OFF OF A VEHICLE!?!?! Geez I can't win for loosing this year so far!!! I haven't had anymore bells, dings or screaming whistles - I have to admit that one in front of the driver when someone in front of us slams on our brakes has freaked me out a couple of times AND BLINDED ME TOO! They always think I'm a cop when that happens LOL

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Def getting the codes checked this weekend even tho it hasn't happened again, now that yall say something about "swerving" and those came on that could of been it due to interstate construction we have going on in our town right now - the lane we had to get over in to was probably a good inch higher than the one we crossed over and it was a small jerk - my baby has a new trans, new tires, then POW skunk runs out in front of me and now ITS STAINED WITH STANK poor lil guys insides were all under my car and all over the plastic trim uugghhhh, i saw it as I was down there gasping for air and loosing my lunch - most horrible experience of my LIFE - THEY ARE WORTH DODGING LET ME TELL YOU!!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts