Traverse Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on 11-14-2019 i was just picking up my daughter from school while driving the radio just shuts off then all the dash lights come on few seconds later they mostly of the go back off but the anti theft light the check engine light the traction light also the low tire pressure light is on. on the dash it says service bag and service tire monitor system it keeps switching messages. I never turned the truck off till i got home and its never came back on till this day. Someone told me it could be my keyfob so i changed the battery in it still didnt start. Last night i called a locksmith to get the key and keyfob programmed he told me thats not the cars problem. Today i call a mobile mechanic to try to run a program on it to see if i could get any codes he says he thinks its a electrical problem and he thinks its the ecm board cause he got a error code .im lost confused and without a vehicle . really really need help cause i dont know what else to do

·
Registered
771 Posts
What year? Did you own it since new? Did you do any seat adjustments recently, even if you have memory seats. I would suspect a bad connection on the under seat air bag connector. I drove 120 miles one night, no radio, no speedometer, no odometer, bright dash then no dash lights. Turned out to be air bag connector, there had been a recall on 2008-2009s I believe. There were two, one to re seat pins and the second to eliminate the connector and solder the wires. I tried starting when I got home, it started, second time NG. Left it overnight and it started right up, no errors. I preformed the second recall myself and had no problems.
My .02

I put my symptoms out on the Acadia forum when it happened and it was suggested that the BCM was bad, now I have a pretty new BCM in my basement which was never needed.

https://www.lawsonproducts.com/images/content/KRSC_GMTSB14030_AD.pdf

1 - 2 of 2 Posts