Traverse Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2014 Chevrolet Traverse which recently (past several months) the Service Air Bag light appears in the dashboard. The light goes off and reappears intermittently. I am not sure if this is a known issue or if a recall has been issued for this issue. I have taken the vehicle to the Dealer and was advised to pay $800 to replace the front Air Bags and that should solve the problem (No way). LOL Anyone has any thoughts or recommendations???

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have a 2012, and had the dealer do 2 open recalls on Monday, one of them was the air bag recall. I used to have the same issue with my air bag light, and after the repair, so far so good. The light hasn't come back on, although admittedly I've only driven it a couple of days. Here is a link you can use to see what recalls are available for your particular Traverse, you'll just need the VIN number. Oh, and when you take it in they're going to do a courtesy "safety check" and probably tell you that you're due for rear upper control arms and 4 wheel alignment for about $1,000. At least they did in my case lol

https://my.chevrolet.com/recalls/?evar18=ch_footer_recalls

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2014 Chevrolet Traverse which recently (past several months) the Service Air Bag light appears in the dashboard. The light goes off and reappears intermittently. I am not sure if this is a known issue or if a recall has been issued for this issue. I have taken the vehicle to the Dealer and was advised to pay $800 to replace the front Air Bags and that should solve the problem (No way). LOL Anyone has any thoughts or recommendations???
This happened to my 2014 in May of 2022. Took the dealer 6 days to replace a harness under drivers seat. Was fixed under recall.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts