Traverse Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This started in the middle of a snow storm and someone is insisting a sensor is plugged up and once Temps come back out of the teens it will melt out and be fine. Just curious on the validity of that...

I have searched youtube and threads for days and I can't seem to find one that is having the same symptoms..

Runs fine with light off, light comes on and brings misfires (not the other way around), and the dic reads traction control off, service stabilitrak, service traction control.
I do not get engine power reduced, I don't have to unhook battery just shut it off for 2 mins and restart and drop into gear and it turns back on and is fine for awhile.
The vehicle runs perfectly fine when the traction light is off and the traction control works as it should. Seems what causes the light is driving at speeds above 40 for a few mins consistently, then traction light turns on the vehicle misfires like crazy but is able to hold speed just a rough ride. I drove through town for hours not above 30mph and it never came on jumped on the main road and was 45 it started acting up.
After 4 days of this issue I finally got a cel (p0300)
Where the heck should I start here? Its blowing my mind that it will run fine at lower speeds and even at higher speed UNTIL that light kicks on and then all **** breaks loose. I've owned this thing for a whopping 10 days and I'm completely regretting the purchase.

·
Registered
11,689 Posts
1 thing I would do.
since you have the generic P0300- it points to misfires-- but not a particular cylinder.
Using a scanner- you can go into the options and check how many misfires were set in each cylinder.
Its not going to be many--- or else it would have set a specific code, like P0306 for cylinder 6.
But it can give you a clue as to which cylinder MAY be having issues.

·
Registered
3,498 Posts
What electbc said. First I'd do is clean the throttle body. Easy to do. Rbarrios shows you how:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did not remove the throttle body but I did spray some tb cleaner on the front and honestly it looks mighty clean for 100k i assume it must have been replaced i wiped the tube out and it wasn't really the dirty. Sprayed the maf down with some maf cleaner and disconnected the battery for awhile. Ran GREAT for one whole drive of mostly 55+ for 2 hours then next time I started up and went out it did it again. I've now noticed the hill hold is sticking and not releasing but can find nothing about an issue like that anywhere. I also cannot find "how" the system works and what it takes to engage and disengage the system to even start to look into that. Ugh

·
Registered
896 Posts
I've now noticed the hill hold is sticking and not releasing but can find nothing about an issue like that anywhere. I also cannot find "how" the system works and what it takes to engage and disengage the system to even start to look into that. Ugh
What is the Hill Hold? Some folks have had the trio of messages and found the issue attributed to a loose engine compartment fuse block, take it apart and make sure there are no bent pins, reassemble and tighten the bolts so they are just snug.
My messages were caused by a bad mass air flow sensor

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hill brakes pull up on a hill it will hold you for a moment or in my case never stop until it times out seems like 2 seconds. I just seen that the brake pedal shows active all the time and the brake lights are on solid.. gahh I don't belive the traction/miss fire is related and all of my miss counters are 0 but watching them in live data 2,3,5 will count up to around 8 and if I let off the gas it will reset to 0 again... its definitely missing more than what it is counting.like alot more. wtf.. no cel. No codes pending and nothing comes up when I scan with the trac light on. I went into every module individually and checked them all. 0 codes.
What is the Hill Hold? Some folks have had the trio of messages and found the issue attributed to a loose engine compartment fuse block, take it apart and make sure there are no bent pins, reassemble and tighten the bolts so they are just snug.
My messages were caused by a bad mass air flow sensor

·
Registered
896 Posts
Oh yeah one more thing that generates these messages is a bad brake petal position sensor. Some folks only have to bend the pin on it and it solves their problems. If it is replaced it needs to be re-calibrated.
I didn't have the Hill Hold feature on my 08, but I do have it on the 15, nice feature.

·
Registered
2020 High Country
746 Posts
OP is your scan tool capable of reading all 4 code families? P,B,U and C ? All 4 have to be checked not just the P codes.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Here is one post from an Enclave owner.
FINALLY FIXED, "SERVICE STABILITRAK & TRACTION CONTROL DIAGNOSTIC PROBLEM:
"SERVICE STABILITRAK",
"SERVICE TRACTION CONTROL",
"HARD SHIFT 1-2 GEARS"-(STABILITRAK TURNING OFF-CLUNK NOISE)
"STABILITRAK OFF",
"TRACTION CONTROL OFF"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CAUSE:
FUEL WAS 45% ETHANOL @ 85-(COSTCO GAS)-COMPUTER WENT INTO LIMP MODE CAUSING (AFM) TO GET STUCK AND NOT RESET COMPUTER.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SOLUTION:
DRAINED & CLEANED GAS TANK-
CHANGED FUEL FILTERS (*ONLY IF NEEDED)
CLEANED INJECTORS-
RESET COMPUTER-
FILLED GAS TANK WITH NO ETHANOL- pure-gas.org/index.jsp)
TOTAL AMOUNT WITH TAX: $444.86
REFERENCES
(STABILITRAK CLUNK NOISE): chevroletforum.com/forum/silverado-fullsize-pick-ups-21/2010-silverado-stabilitrak-question-47580/
(AFM)-Definition: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Active_Fuel_Management
(ETHANOL): en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_ethanol_fuel_mixtures
(GAS STATIONS WITHOUT ETHANOL): pure-gas.org/index.jsp

How is the gasoline on yours? Always use top tier gas and add techtron every so often. Make sure your oil level is good and make sure your brake fluid level is good.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My tool does read those codes yes. and the first thing this morning I went and filled up at a different station (both are top tier) ran some CRC intake valve and turbo cleaner through and a some techtron fuel stuff. Almost instantly it started it crap. I drove it right back to the dealer. I started a big stink and got everyone involved and they decided to take it back and check it out. I'll see where that goes. I'll report back if they find a solution. Thank you everyone for the suggestions.

·
Registered
18 Posts
This started in the middle of a snow storm and someone is insisting a sensor is plugged up and once Temps come back out of the teens it will melt out and be fine. Just curious on the validity of that...

I have searched youtube and threads for days and I can't seem to find one that is having the same symptoms..

Runs fine with light off, light comes on and brings misfires (not the other way around), and the dic reads traction control off, service stabilitrak, service traction control.
I do not get engine power reduced, I don't have to unhook battery just shut it off for 2 mins and restart and drop into gear and it turns back on and is fine for awhile.
The vehicle runs perfectly fine when the traction light is off and the traction control works as it should. Seems what causes the light is driving at speeds above 40 for a few mins consistently, then traction light turns on the vehicle misfires like crazy but is able to hold speed just a rough ride. I drove through town for hours not above 30mph and it never came on jumped on the main road and was 45 it started acting up.
After 4 days of this issue I finally got a cel (p0300)
Where the heck should I start here? Its blowing my mind that it will run fine at lower speeds and even at higher speed UNTIL that light kicks on and then all **** breaks loose. I've owned this thing for a whopping 10 days and I'm completely regretting the purchase.
May sound crazy, but with my 2009, all symptoms sound the same...I was low on brake fluid. Yes, brake fluid. Everything stopped as soon as my mechanic topped it off. Can’t hurt to try.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had very similar symptoms with my 2016. I had bought a trailer and the trailer tail lights were not working so as it was dark I pressed the brake pedal just enough to light the brake lights while driving sveral miles through a town. The symptoms appeared after I left town and accelerated to about 40 mph. The traction light would come on and a message 'service stabiltrack'. If I feathered the throttle very carefully I could get to 55 mph or so and limped home. After I unhooked the trailer the problem went completely away. It appears if the brake lights are on the system thinks there is a problem and it can't properly control the brakes for stabiltrack. As someone mentioned above check to see the brake lights are not on due to a bad switch or adjustment.

·
Registered
4 Posts
At 100k my wife's 2014 started with the trio of issues. I cleaned the throttle body and the MAF and it stayed good for a year. It started it again this fall and nothing I had tried before helped. I checked all the other spots and didn't find anything (including the under hood fuse box). I took it to the dealer and she had 2 issues. Voltage from the alternator was erratic and there was some kind of error for an arc between 2 pins in the under hood fuse box. Because I was busy and she needed the car fast, we had them fix it. Replacing the fuse box and some jumper with it , and the alternator, all has been well for a couple of months now. I think the fuse box/block itself would have fixed it, but I didn't want to mess with the alternator later.......Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well this turned out to be the brake light switch needed adjustment. Dealer did that and gave it back its been afew days and its been running fine ever since.
Mind boggling that instead of just giving a code saying that it thinks something is wrong it has to act like its starving for fuel when the brake lights stay on for too long..

·
Registered
2 Posts
1 thing I would do.
since you have the generic P0300- it points to misfires-- but not a particular cylinder.
Using a scanner- you can go into the options and check how many misfires were set in each cylinder.
Its not going to be many--- or else it would have set a specific code, like P0306 for cylinder 6.
But it can give you a clue as to which cylinder MAY be having issues.
What is mind boggling to me is how many owners have this same issue and Chevy does nothing to fix corporately. To mean some part should have been on recall.

I had the same stabiltrak error car shook for a second I turned the car off then on again. Haven't seen the message since that was 2 months ago. Took to a friend's shop he claimed to change air filter, clean intake manifold and replace wires for cylinder one because scanner showed misfires on cylinder one. AFTER he did all that the car misfired terribly but before that it only happened the one time. Chevy suggested I use some seafoam and it is acting better but not perfect. Why on earth after the guy fixed my car did it start that puttering, misfiring like crazy is the $100k question.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Oh yeah one more thing that generates these messages is a bad brake petal position sensor. Some folks only have to bend the pin on it and it solves their problems. If it is replaced it needs to be re-calibrated.
I didn't have the Hill Hold feature on my 08, but I do have it on the 15, nice feature.
Brake pedal sensor was my issue. I put it in myself, but had to run it to a mechanic to calibrate it. Cheap fix though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts