Traverse Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any help appreciated. The MyLink System on my 2014 Traverse is on a continuous loop where all it does is reboot itself. I turn on the car, the MyLink logo flutters to life, the CD ejector activates and the home screen appears. Three seconds later, it does the same thing again. Over and over. Very good local mechanic had it for five hours today and could not find issue. Have tried every trick found online: Calling Onstar and hanging up, leaving door open for 10 minutes, disconnecting battery. Tried resetting unit to factory settings but it won't stay on long enough to let me get to the Settings screen. Mechanic says he thinks only option is to replace the whole until for $1,000+.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Updating in case others come looking for this fix: Dealer says unit has to be replaced. $2700 for installation and purchase of refurbished model. Can find better deal online for unit so will go that way. But quite the bummer. Hope this is an anomaly and doesn't hit others.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello there. I am sorry that this happened to you. My radio is doing the same exact thing. Can I ask you what your final solution was? I have a feeling that I am going to have to replace my unit and was wondering what you did. There is no way I am going to be spending $2,000 on this piece of crap. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
12,068 Posts
Are there no online shops that repair these radios?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I spent a lot of time and money researching this and found no answer other than to buy a refurbished model for $1,200 from these folks: Infotainment.com. The site was great and they programmed the unit so it worked immediately with my car. Went to a dealer only to learn that they will also just buy a refurbished model because these are no longer made. I took the refurbished radio to a local car radio shop and they installed it for me for $120 but you probably can do it yourself. Big downer: Unrelated to this disaster, the Nav on the 2014s will no longer work because of the overall transition away from 2G. So I paid $1,300 to get back the rearview camera, the ability to connect my phone via Bluetooth to the system, AM/FM radio and SIRIUS XM. Still hoping I am wrong about this and someone else has found a cheaper solution. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I spent a lot of time and money researching this and found no answer other than to buy a refurbished model for $1,200 from these folks: Infotainment.com. The site was great and they programmed the unit so it worked immediately with my car. Went to a dealer only to learn that they will also just buy a refurbished model because these are no longer made. I took the refurbished radio to a local car radio shop and they installed it for me for $120 but you probably can do it yourself. Big downer: Unrelated to this disaster, the Nav on the 2014s will no longer work because of the overall transition away from 2G. So I paid $1,300 to get back the rearview camera, the ability to connect my phone via Bluetooth to the system, AM/FM radio and SIRIUS XM. Still hoping I am wrong about this and someone else has found a cheaper solution. Good luck.
Did the nav system already die? I got the email but thought it was for Onstar only, didn't realize it would kill nav. We are beginning the trek from Harford County to Disney on Thursday so I may need a phone holder if the nav is dead. I don't drive the Traverse to work since we have a beater Sonata so I haven't used the nav in months.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Hmmm. I called GM when the Nav system wouldn't;t work and they told me it was because of the 2G move. But now that I think of it, maybe that has nothing to do with the Nav. Will do some more exploring.
Well I'll know if nav and traffic work in a few days. If not Waze will be used. I don't play with 495 traffic around DC.

·
Registered
6 Posts
So I am going through this same thing right now. The dealership wanted to charge me $2900 to install a new infotainment center. I just went to a junkyard and pulled a stereo out of an Enclave and it fits perfectly in my car. The unfortunate part is, that the stereo says that it is locked. Apparently GM really didn't want anyone stealing these radios. So, now I have to go to the dealership to see if they can program the donor radio to my car. My question goes along with rbarrios said, shouldn't there be a way to fix the board in the radio? The radio is getting power, because it turns on and reboots, it just seems to be not getting enough power. Now I am now electrical wizard but if anyone has any ideas on where to start, I would love to see if someone can actually fix the radio. This is seriously driving me nuts and there is no way I am paying $2900 or $1000 for a radio.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts