Traverse Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently trying to replace a damaged terminal 51 via x3 connector on the x50a fuse box (under hood) I was able to get the white plastic cover to lift up a couple cms via the release tab in the center but I can't remove it without what feels like breaking it. I need to remove the terminal and I can't figure out the release

Photos and relative connector info below

Circuit component Audio equipment Electrical wiring Electronic component Electronic engineering

Electrical wiring Cable Computer hardware Wire Electrical supply

Rectangle Font Parallel Number Pattern

Rectangle Font Material property Screenshot Technology

Attachments

· Registered
4,256 Posts
My experience is that you need to insert a jewelers screwdriver or an unfolded paperclip or other small pointed object into the "slot" in the white plastic below the female terminal in the the pic where you've circled it. When the terminal is inserted from the back side, it has a small tab that sticks out and engages a small "step" that then prevents the terminal from sliding back out. You need to force that tab back towards the terminal itself to release the terminal. You usually need to push the terminal farther "into" the body of the connector so the tab moves away from the "step" and you can push it back up against the terminal. Once you've got the tab against the terminal, you should be able to pull it out.

I don't have a pic of one, but here's a sketch:

Slope Rectangle Parallel Font Diagram

· Registered
9 Posts
I would invest in a terminal tool kit.

Trying this without the right tool may work and I have also done it but with today's electronics you could create other gremlins in the pins of periodic contact.
Try the Amazon link for the tool.

· Super Moderator
1,385 Posts
Many times you have to push the wire side into the connector to take pressure off the locking tab while pushing the release tool in from the other side. Lots of experience with connectors in my previous life. If melted bad enough it can be a cut apart surgery to replace the female connector.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts