Traverse Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Recently back from a 1,200 mi trip no problem, yesterday parked the car at the driveway and today it wont start

Fuel was low so I added 2 gals
Cranks, it seems to start but when the gauges reaches the top level for calibration, the engine shuts and gauges goes back to 0
no engine light came up
no codes
used a starter on the battery, same issue

any experience or suggestion? I can upload a video if needed

Thank you

·
Registered
11,611 Posts
oil level ok?

·
Registered
3,421 Posts
I wonder if there was some water that got in the fuel pump due to low level? You added fuel - it eventually started.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wonder if there was some water that got in the fuel pump due to low level? You added fuel - it eventually started.
I was thinking that maybe because it was low on fuel and the driveway is a slope the fuel pipes drained and there was nothing there until the pump was able to suck in some. Will check if today is ok or the problem return.

Thanks everybody

·
Registered
11,611 Posts
there was an issue with early models.
Owners reporting no start conditions when parked on a slope and low on fuel.

·
Registered
11,611 Posts
i believe there was baffles in the tank.
I dont recall if they added baffles on later models..
or if the baffles were coming loose on the early models.

·
Registered
11,611 Posts
back in 2011- reports were already trickling in

·
Registered
2020 High Country
677 Posts
Running the gas less than 1/4 tank is a fuel pump killer on any fuel injected vehicle. I've never had a pump go bad in any new vehicle coming into my care doing that and have taken them up to 250k. miles on OEM pumps . Many fleet vans on the job and my own ones for example.
Only pumps I have ever had go bad was on used vehicle purchases in my fleet and my families that I maintain as unknown on used and getting the family educated.
Pumps let go at the most inconvenient time, never in the driveway and it's easy to avoid that issue.
Long narrow tank and pumps location in it vs slope and fuel level is a factor also.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts