·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Year 2013
Model Traverse
Variant AWD LTZ
Mileage 176,000

I have had this problem for several months and still have not found a solution.
I have a problem with the Catalytic Converter that need to be replaced (I replaced the sensors already but now just getting the tube errors)

Automatic Transmission
What happen?
  • After starting the car and driving, there is no problem (COLD)
  • After the 1st stop, when I press the pedal, after switching to 3rd and 4th, on both, it feels like the car shakes, do not change RPM but just a small set of shakes
  • While cruising, lets say 2,000 rpm and 80mph, if I press a little bit the gas, it wont accelerate, if I press it really hard, it will start accelerating after a second

Part of troubleshooting:
  • Switched to manual and I was shifting the gears up and down and the problem does not happen
  • Switched to manual, if I stop and do not downshift (it stay in the 6th gear) it does the shake as it is gaining speed.

What I have done so far:
  • Replace O2 sensors
  • Replace spark plugs and coils
  • Replaced transmission fuild
  • Replaced transfer case fluid (front and back)

Would appreciate any help

·
Registered
7 Posts
Year 2013
Model Traverse
Variant AWD LTZ
Mileage 176,000

I have had this problem for several months and still have not found a solution.
I have a problem with the Catalytic Converter that need to be replaced (I replaced the sensors already but now just getting the tube errors)

Automatic Transmission
What happen?
  • After starting the car and driving, there is no problem (COLD)
  • After the 1st stop, when I press the pedal, after switching to 3rd and 4th, on both, it feels like the car shakes, do not change RPM but just a small set of shakes
  • While cruising, lets say 2,000 rpm and 80mph, if I press a little bit the gas, it wont accelerate, if I press it really hard, it will start accelerating after a second

Part of troubleshooting:
  • Switched to manual and I was shifting the gears up and down and the problem does not happen
  • Switched to manual, if I stop and do not downshift (it stay in the 6th gear) it does the shake as it is gaining speed.

What I have done so far:
  • Replace O2 sensors
  • Replace spark plugs and coils
  • Replaced transmission fuild
  • Replaced transfer case fluid (front and back)

Would appreciate any help
Maybe try the Transmission Solenoid.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you, will take a look. It is crazy because as soon as it starts driving from still possition (parked) there is no problem, but as soon as I stop on a sign it will do it.

Similar behavior if I switch to manual, upshift, stop (no dowshift) and start driving in 4th or whatever gear is but 1st or 2nd

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After reviewing the symptoms of a faulty solenoid Ive stablished that is not the problem

The transmission shifts with no error
Shifts doesn't slip
No check engine light with code related

Something I noticed while cruising is the RPM fluctuation 10+- sometimes if I reduce the RPM to below 2,000. Always when cruising long distance.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
RPM fluctuation - Failing crankshaft position sensor?
none of the below is happening

Symptoms of a Bad or Failing Crankshaft Position Sensor
  • Issues Starting the Vehicle.
  • Intermittent Stalling.
  • Check Engine Light Comes On.
  • Uneven Acceleration.
  • Engine Misfires or Vibrates.
  • Rough Idle and/or Vibrating Engine.

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
You may be right.

But after about 7 years, the one on my Eagle Vision started to fail. Only indication was that the tach would drop every once in a while for a second or two (i.e., RPM fluctuation). This occurred for a few weeks, until one day, the engine just died. I had none of the symptoms you list.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
FYI Still having the problem, the other day the shake happened while driving in cruise, around 80mph there was a vibration that clearly felts like power and not wheels. When driving above 80mph the vibration was gone. Next day, same situation, no vibration.

Anyone knows if there is an extra battery on the AWD? My AWD Cayenne has 2 batteries, one for the car and nother for the AWD system.

Battery on still reads 12.8v ish
Car started 15v
While driving variates and drops to 12ish unless I stop the car, and start again and it goes to 15v until drops to 12ish after a while driving with AC.

If the battery is a problem, do you think there is not enough voltage to assist the transmission or AWD system?

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
Can't help with vibration.

For battery, you only have one. I would suggest you read the section titled "Battery Load Management" in your owners manual. Battery voltage moving around is normal.

Also, be aware that each tick mark on the voltmeter is not 1 volt, it is 1.25 volts, so the mark below 14 is not 13 volts, it's 12.75 volts. The next one down is 11.5 volts. The first one above 14 volts is 15.25 volts and the next one is 16.5 volts. It seems silly, as GM could very easily have just added one more tick mark above and below 14 volts so each mark would represent 1 volt, but they didn't. I guess we should be glad they even added the voltmeter, as many (most?) cars don't have them.

Oh, and the battery is located under the floor behind the passenger seat.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts