Traverse Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well been driving the car just fine.. Then i got to a red light. went to drive and everything seem fine then as i was driving off the car Just started to revv freely i believe it was 2nd gear.. I panicked since i was in an intersection and put it to low. And the car downshifted and i managed to crawl it out the way.

1st gear works, up to 10mph. Reverse, park, Neutral. Work fine.

Check engine light came on briefly then it went away. No warnings. On dash. At first i thought the car was in limp mode but now i don't think so.

Any simple fixes or is my trans just blown up.

**I don't have a code reader**

·
Registered
60 Posts
Transmission can not shift out of first gear....
And in this case ( see u tube video) it is a dodge....

It ^^ is because of a bad solenoid.
The screen of the solenoids is covered in metal shavings, but I would imagine transmission fluid still flows thru the filter screen ......
Or
a splinter of steel flowed straight thru a hole in the filter screen, , and jammed up an open/close check valve in the solenoid, .....

Or,
you have an extreme case of what other folks have posted , except after their engines rev up high during a gear change,
(called " shift flare" ) ( also search for shift flare on equinox and other forums with same V6 engine)
usually between 2 nod and 3 red, their transmissions shift to the next gear.???
...... who knows?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. Im currently doing as much research as possible. Gathering tools etc.. I will try and replace the solenoid and hope that fixes everything lol.. Otherwise this vehicle will just be parked for years to come.

My camaro has been parked for 6yrs now. Loss of 3/4 gears.

This traverse is Deff my last GM.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just went through the same thing, shift rev between 2nd and 3rd only. They told me the reverse clutch was bad. Need a complete transmission rebuild. I've had the car for 3 months. And with the GM protest, they can't schedule it until January! Hopefully it's not that in your case but figured I'd say something since I've been researching it for 2 months.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 8 of 8 Posts