Traverse Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
I've driven all three 2013 lamda's and I must say the instrument panels are nice for a MCE (mid cycle enhancement). My neighbor is a engineer at the plant. They don't drive any different. The gearing changes they made on the transmissions are not noticeable at all. The headrest's are huge improvement. The stitching is different than on the previous model. Overall, the changes would not be enough for me to give up my 2011 for a 2013. I'll wait for the 2015 complete redo.

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
@GOWMU, thank you for sharing your experiences as your test drive the 2013 Lambda's. I greatly appreciate your time to let people know your thoughts about the new model year.

I hope you're having an awesome Tuesday so far.

Michelle, Chevrolet Customer Service

·
Registered
616 Posts
Well, at least the headrest has been improved. It is a pain in the neck !

·
Registered
11,274 Posts
from the LA auto show..
they slide forward/back

·
Registered
571 Posts
Yup, those are the ones. I've had a pair in my 11 since October. They are way more comfortable.

·
Registered
616 Posts
GOWMU, how did you get the new ones?
I sure would like to change mine, I get neck pains and shoulder blade pain as well. It's the worst design, I even mentioned it to the saleperson when she called to see how everything was with the Traverse. She then informed me that all new Chevy vehicles were coming with that headrest design. So I thought I was out of luck.

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
Pics of them in your 11 please

·
Registered
571 Posts
I've tried multiple ways and it keeps telling me I can't upload it. Wish they could make uploading pictures easier.

·
Super Moderator
2,043 Posts
GOWMU said:
I've tried multiple ways and it keeps telling me I can't upload it. Wish they could make uploading pictures easier.
Make a photobucket account, upload your pics to there, then copy the IMG code and paste it in your post on this site.

·
Registered
571 Posts

·
Premium Member
384 Posts
thanks for the pics......very nice how much those cost? i like it

·
Registered
616 Posts
@GOWMU, are these aftermarket or Dealer ?

·
Registered
17 Posts
As I was waiting for my Traverse to be brought around there was a 2013 Traverse next to me so I looked at it. Exterior only. I must say the front end looks nice. I got excited looking at it. Then I experienced sticker shock. Side mirrors have built in blind spot concave round mirror. Also noticed back up camera. One more camera on the passenger side mirror for lane changes would be great. The original reason I purchased the Travese was because of all the standard features. Hopefully GM keeps these great features standard.

Chevy's got a great product in the Traverse. Keep refining and perfecting what works.
I tried to post a pic of window sticker but I am not allowed to post links. Made photobucket account.

·
Premium Member
1,662 Posts
HTRAINRELOADED said:
As I was waiting for my Traverse to be brought around there was a 2013 Traverse next to me so I looked at it. Exterior only. I must say the front end looks nice. I got excited looking at it. Then I experienced sticker shock. Side mirrors have built in blind spot concave round mirror. Also noticed back up camera. One more camera on the passenger side mirror for lane changes would be great. The original reason I purchased the Travese was because of all the standard features. Hopefully GM keeps these great features standard.

Chevy's got a great product in the Traverse. Keep refining and perfecting what works.
I tried to post a pic of window sticker but I am not allowed to post links. Made photobucket account.
Thank you for sharing your feed back about the 2013 Traverse. I’ll be sure to pass this along.

Michelle, Chevrolet Customer Service

·
Registered
106 Posts
When I went in for an oil change last week I checked out a 2013 2LT. Seeing it in pictures I didn't like the front end but in person I'm OK with it. Still like mine better but the new one looks fine. Really like the rear end better and the interior looks great. The one I looked at had black leather with light grey stitching and really looked classy. I'm hanging on to mine for a long time but I would replace it with a 2013 in a minute if I needed to.

Ron
"Baldie88"

·
Registered
11,274 Posts
its going to be like the Silverados...

when the front end changed people didnt like it...
but they sold....

and eventually most people took a liking to them.

·
Registered
571 Posts
GM styling has me worried. I see the new Silverado's and Sierra's that were released today and for a Brand New Design,I guess I expected more. The ford and dodge seem like they styled themselves to be game changers but GM just kinda polished the existing front ends and put a new interior in them. Same goes for the Malibu. GM has the new Malibu for 6 months and they are already doing a refresh on it because it isn't selling. Styling sells cars period, if people don't like what they see they'll never open the door and sit in it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
GOWMU said:
GM styling has me worried. I see the new Silverado's and Sierra's that were released today and for a Brand New Design,I guess I expected more. The ford and dodge seem like they styled themselves to be game changers but GM just kinda polished the existing front ends and put a new interior in them. Same goes for the Malibu. GM has the new Malibu for 6 months and they are already doing a refresh on it because it isn't selling. Styling sells cars period, if people don't like what they see they'll never open the door and sit in it.
I actually think the new trucks look pretty good - nothing too overdone and they spent the $$ where it was really needed which is the interior, chassis and engines. If anything I feel like Ford and Dodge have taken their designs a little too far and have become quite feminine (minus the raptor) in style. Hey to each his own I guess.

Another note, your comment regarding styling sells cars is completely false with the general public - have you seen the Toyota Camry lately?? Reputation and brand loyalty sell more cars that styling...

I do agree that the Malibu, while not a bad car, cannot compete in this super competitive market. At least they are being proactive (like Honda with the Civic) and not waiting for a 3-4 year refresh.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts