Traverse Forum banner

2012 traverse stalling ,no warning

3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  Montereyjack2$ 
#1 ·
So lately the truck stalls with no warning.
Idles fines, you can bring up the rpms fine with no stutter or sputters.
Put it in drive and you can drive 1 house away and it just shuts off like the ignition was turned off.
No check engine light comes one..
10k on new air filter.
Besides the numerous other issues this is the important one to pin point.
Thanks

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Yes it restarts and then drives fine.
It has happened several times in past week,
Unrelated truck has the aux radio issue, and door locks locking by themselves, speratic window control.

Opened up all door harnesses and two fronts were dry, two rear were full water.

#4 ·
Are you able to scan all 4 code families ? There may be B, C and U codes that may not trigger the CEL like a P code does. B codes are body system codes, U codes are data stream codes.

#6 ·
Yes most are not or very expensive if multi code family capable.
Check out BlueDriver, it's plug in module uses a app on your phone for a full code read. $100

#7 ·
Put it in drive and you can drive 1 house away and it just shuts off like the ignition was turned off.
10k on new air filter.
Thanks

I have a 2010 Traverse that was doing all kinds of crazy stuff like stalling shutting off / the door locks would lock and unlock, fuel module code and transmission would down shift at highway speeds, took me Forever to figure it out, and i bet its the same thing wrong with yours because mine started out doing the door lock and unlock thing, heres what ya do go to the back side of the engine block and both sides there are ground wires bolted to the block there coroded inside the wire end by looking at them you would think there fine but there not, i cut the ends off and soldered new ones on and the car has be perfect every since it cost me less the $5 dollars to buy a the terminal ends
10k on new air filter.
Thanks

#8 ·
have a 2010 Traverse that was doing all kinds of crazy stuff like stalling shutting off / the door locks would lock and unlock, fuel module code and transmission would down shift at highway speeds, took me Forever to figure it out, and i bet its the same thing wrong with yours because mine started out doing the door lock and unlock thing, heres what ya do go to the back side of the engine block and both sides there are ground wires bolted to the block there coroded inside the wire end by looking at them you would think there fine but there not, i cut the ends off and soldered new ones on and the car has be perfect every since it cost me less the $5 dollars to buy a box terminal ends

Reply Quote

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Write your reply...
Remove formatting

BoldItalicUnderline

Text colorFont size

AttachmentInsert linkInsert imageGallery embedSmiliesInsert

AlignmentListInsert table

UndoRedo

DraftsToggle BB code

Recommended Reading
Did you find the recommended reading relevant to this discussion?
YesNo
  1. P0301 and P0303
    Engine/Drivetrain
  2. Cat or O2 sensors bad?
    Engine/Drivetrain
  3. Replaced alternator on 2012 Traverse 2 weeks later 16 Codes
    Engine/Drivetrain
  4. 2019 remote start and window problems
    Tech Section
  5. Traction control/stabilitrak/02 sensor alert
    Engine/Drivetrain
  • VerticalScope Inc., 111 Peter Street, Suite 901, Toronto,

• Forum software by XenForo RSS

10k on new air filter.
Thanks

have a 2010 Traverse that was doing all kinds of crazy stuff like stalling shutting off / the door locks would lock and unlock, fuel module code and transmission would down shift at highway speeds, took me Forever to figure it out, and i bet its the same thing wrong with yours because mine started out doing the door lock and unlock thing, heres what ya do go to the back side of the engine block and both sides there are ground wires bolted to the block there coroded inside the wire end by looking at them you would think there fine but there not, i cut the ends off and soldered new ones on and the car has be perfect every since it cost me less the $5 dollars to buy a box terminal ends

#9 ·
This thread my help you with the ground.

I believe there's also a ground wire behind the engine, against the firewall.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.