Traverse Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All,

I have a 2012 Traverse LS with a 3.6L motor that ate a valve and is now junk due to GM's bad timer chain design (if you have a Traverse replace your chain at 80k!) What year motors are a direct drop in replacement?

Please Advise

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
woah- im at 158,000 with factory chain.. 2010.

But- there is a thread on here somewhere where this has been discussed--- which engine can be swapped.
or maybe the Acadia forum

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
woah- im at 158,000 with factory chain.. 2010.

But- there is a thread on here somewhere where this has been discussed--- which engine can be swapped.
or maybe the Acadia forum
get it changed before it fails, reman motor is 3475 plus installation, total over 6k

·
Registered
2 Posts
So I was wondering why aren’t there people swapping in LFX motors instead of the overpriced LLT? Camaro had both installed in the same chassis albeit rwd. But GM also launched a fwd and awd variant

·
Registered
482 Posts
So I was wondering why aren’t there people swapping in LFX motors instead of the overpriced LLT? Camaro had both installed in the same chassis albeit rwd. But GM also launched a fwd and awd variant
Quite a few differences between the LFX and LLT. Notably it would take some decent fab work to plumb up an exhaust as the LFX heads have a cast-in integrated exhaust manifold. I'm sure the wiring harnesses and pcm are different. Then you'd need a lot of tuning effort probably from someone who knows what they're doing to get the LFX pcm to play nice with the LLT body/trans modules and such.

I wasn't aware the LLT is fetching more money than an LFX but I'd say with reasonable confidence all that savings goes down the tubes in the conversion costs.

If you got some time, here's a camaro5 thread on it, at least that platform had both engines in it so hardware exists already, would be much more difficult for these Lambdas that never had an LFX. LFX engine conversion into LLT - Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts