Traverse Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the 2012 traverse is approaching 100k now problems amounting.
Wife says radio is flipping from radio to aux by itself, lousing sound in driver door too.
Truck is power flipping, dash surges. Doors lock or unlock if locked when running in park and happened once at stop light driving
Window controls are sporadic.
Please help with starting point.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Loss of sound in drivers door, door locking/unlocking, and windows sporadic all point to the wire connector in the drivers door. Common issue reported here on the forum. Open door, separate the two halves of the connector and see how much water you get out. Use some di-electric grease when re-assembling to keep water out. If that doesn't help the windows, take the drivers window switch apart and clean the contacts - another common issue on the forum.

I don't have an answer for the radio, and I don't know what "power flipping" or "dash surges" means.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ive seen that remedy, i separated the connection and it was dry no corrosion visible. I have not done the other 3 doors yet.

·
Registered
2020 High Country
243 Posts
Speakers are notorious junk, they go dead or erratic. I've changed door speakers in my old '09 Malibu and my '11 Tahoe w/Bose. And the Bose door speakers where the same GM junky ones as in the Malibu.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Loss of sound in drivers door, door locking/unlocking, and windows sporadic all point to the wire connector in the drivers door. Common issue reported here on the forum. Open door, separate the two halves of the connector and see how much water you get out. Use some di-electric grease when re-assembling to keep water out. If that doesn't help the windows, take the drivers window switch apart and clean the contacts - another common issue on the forum.

I don't have an answer for the radio, and I don't know what "power flipping" or "dash surges" means.
Front door harnesses were dry, rear door harnesses spilled out alot of water. Now to try and dry them out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts