Traverse Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
The only time I ever saw a crankcase full of oil disappear in a short time was when a knucklehead at a Quick Change shop did not remember to tighten a drain plug and it loosened enough to leak it almost all out in a week or so. My neighbor heard the engine making noise and looked into it. Tightened the plug and filled the oil He got away with it. Never went back to that place again.

·
Registered
8 Posts
So someone comes on this forum looking for help with their Traverse and the first thing some of you think to do is make them feel like an idiot? Sounds about right in this day and age...................

·
Registered
2012 Traverse 1LT FWD
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
So someone comes on this forum looking for help with their Traverse and the first thing some of you think to do is make them feel like an idiot? Sounds about right in this day and age...................
Thank you, we had it towed back to just GM, and should hear back in a few days

·
Registered
2012 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
2 Posts
My 2012 1lt fwd, traverse gave me a message saying stop engine now, low oil pressure. The gauges were reading at normal levels, and I had 74% oil life remaining. Three seconds after the message came up on the dic, the car stopped dead. It would not roll over. Afterwards the battery also died we believe and the car was making a clicking sound trying to roll over after we put 6 quarts of oil. What could this be
Read this link it fixed the problem for me... ERROR MESSAGE "OIL PRESSURE LOW, STOP ENGINE"

·
Registered
5 Posts
rtucker welcome to the Jungle. You are entirely correct to think that whomever took out the engine for the timing chain probably forgot something. My Cruze was stolen a year and a half ago and the Chevy dealership changed the engine. Insurance took care of that but over the next year I spent approx $1000 and hours of frustration and countless trips back to the dealership only to find out that the mechanic placed the wires on the starter but never put any nuts on. In spite of me asking them to see that the nuts were tight and them saying they were of. I experienced another problem after that and it was traded in with everything fixed for a Toyota. Just glad I didn't buy my Traverse from this dealership. The ideas that the guys are saying about not being able to trust your dealership is understandable and sad at the same time. I wish you or your dad had had it towed to the dealership or wherever the timing chain was changed before you put any oil in it. I fear you just screwed yourself. Having said that, If no oil was put in I don't believe the car would have ran 1500 miles after the work without something happening earlier. If an oil pump seized you would still have oil. If the oil plug had dropped out (best idea) your dad would have noticed that when he went to refill with oil. So.... let us know what you find out. I am curious now.

·
Registered
2016 traverse 2LT, 2018 Camaro 2SS convert, 2001 Mazda Miata
3 Posts
Thank you, we had it towed back to just GM, and should hear back in a few days
Hope things work out in your favor. good thoughts and wishes to you.

·
Registered
2012 Traverse 1LT FWD
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
rtucker welcome to the Jungle. You are entirely correct to think that whomever took out the engine for the timing chain probably forgot something. My Cruze was stolen a year and a half ago and the Chevy dealership changed the engine. Insurance took care of that but over the next year I spent approx $1000 and hours of frustration and countless trips back to the dealership only to find out that the mechanic placed the wires on the starter but never put any nuts on. In spite of me asking them to see that the nuts were tight and them saying they were of. I experienced another problem after that and it was traded in with everything fixed for a Toyota. Just glad I didn't buy my Traverse from this dealership. The ideas that the guys are saying about not being able to trust your dealership is understandable and sad at the same time. I wish you or your dad had had it towed to the dealership or wherever the timing chain was changed before you put any oil in it. I fear you just screwed yourself. Having said that, If no oil was put in I don't believe the car would have ran 1500 miles after the work without something happening earlier. If an oil pump seized you would still have oil. If the oil plug had dropped out (best idea) your dad would have noticed that when he went to refill with oil. So.... let us know what you find out. I am curious now.
I just got off the phone with the mechanic. When I give him permission, he will disassemble the engine. He believes that it is a damaged piston, or something internal. The place it is at, is not a dealership. It is just a repair shop, that has always done good work on all of our vehicles. It is an independently owned business with GM certified mechanics.

·
Registered
2012 Traverse 1LT FWD
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Yeah, it is a running joke, that only older people use Yelp. And most people from my generation and the next generation up don’t rate and review stuff. If you would read the reviews. But I guess you have never had a good mechanic, also what you do is bullying plain and simple. You have not helped the situation at all, in fact you got in the way. You have snide and condescending comments that are uncalled for. I feel sorry for people that have to deal with you, if you are this way in real life. Yes you are older and have more experience, use that experience to help and build people up. Also most women, don’t like when you call them wifey. You taught her todo that on a 2008 Tahoe, great that has a complete different engine and layout. And as for your 2020 traverse. I hope you don’t have any problems with it so far.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts